Roller Set; Setting Lotion

SNyeema

Hey folks,
Quick question. I like to roller set my hair, and have actually become quite good at it seeing how short it is. But I need to find a "good" product to use as a setting lotion/mousse. Nothing that will make my hair crunchy. Any suggestions? TIA and HHG.

-- Ny

I love lotta body. My hair comes out shiny and really bouncy and swingy and not crunchy at all. I always flat iron after my roller sets and it's still super bouncy afterwards. I put it in a spray bottle and dilute it ALOT, about 1 part lotta body to 3 parts water.

sprungonhairboards said:
I love lotta body. My hair comes out shiny and really bouncy and swingy and not crunchy at all. I always flat iron after my roller sets and it's still super bouncy afterwards. I put it in a spray bottle and dilute it ALOT, about 1 part lotta body to 3 parts water.

this is good

sprungonhairboards said:

Thanks so much for your reply. I was starting to worry. All these rollersetters and no one was responding. LOL. I've used that before but I don't think I diluted it enough (thus the crunchiness). I don't comb my rollersets out all the time (for a roller-wrap). I normally keep it curly. Thanks again for the tip. More water!!

I have found that using a Leave-In Conditioner as my setting agent works better than using an actual "setting lotion/mousse". I :love: Razac Leave-In Conditioner, and I never have the crunchies that sometimes come with lotions. My rollersets are always soft, shiny and bouncy.

I use water mixed with a little conditioner and a little Keracare setting lotion. My rollersets always come out soft and bouncy.

jnicole said:
I use water mixed with a little conditioner and a little Keracare setting lotion. My rollersets always come out soft and bouncy.

What is the ratio of water:conditioner:setting lotion you use. I have the Keracare setting lotion and I would like to re-visit this product.

nikki1971 said:
What is the ratio of water:conditioner:setting lotion you use. I have the Keracare setting lotion and I would like to re-visit this product.

I just used a small spray bottle filled maybe 3/4 with water and add a couple of generous squirts of both product. I just test it by squirting a little on my fingers and adding product or water until it has the "feel" that I want. I want it kind of slippery but not too much where it would weigh my hair down or make it crunchy. You definitely want mostly water.

Leave in works best for me too. I used to use Pantene Relaxed & Natural setting lotion faithfully, but if I can omit just one product from my reg then cool!

I usually put Salerm in right after I wash. I fill my spray bottle with about 3 parts water, 1 part Lacio Lacio and about a teaspoon of castor oil. The castor oil seems to do something for the color/shine, and the curls come out nice and bouncy.

I am starting to believe that setting lotion isn't really necessary. Last night I used Cantu Breakthorough leave in, coconut oil, and a little creamy leavein and set my hair and I have a nice set today. I truly forgot about my setting agent ( which is ORS Olive Oil Wrap and Set Form) until I read this thread.

Back