Roller set for Long Hair

Lanisha22

Hi. Can anyone explain to me how to do a roller set on long hair? My hair is relaxed and about 14" long and I have a problem getting it wound around rollers. Are there any tricks or special size rollers I should be using? Thanks a lot.

Any help appreciated.
newbie.gif

Hmmm

For me, since my hair is relaxed and touches my shoulder, I have to use bigger rollers, because I like the doobie style. If you are looking for very curly hairstyle, that you can use smaller rollers.
There is no trick. All you do is(while your hair is wet), make sure it's smooth enough so when it goes around teh roller, it will dry, smoothly. The reason why rollersetting for me is easier is because I have teh covers for the rollers, I don't use pins. When you are using hair pins; place the hair on top of the roller and roll the hair over roller. When you get to the scalp, use a large hair pin and slide the pin beneath the roller and next to the scalp. I don't know if this helps. Next time I will try to get some pics for you...

Lanisha22,
I get my hair roller set at the salon. The stylist uses magnetic rollers (medium size and jumbo rollers) and metal clips. 1st she sections my hair in 4 sections. She applies clips to 3 of the sections and proceeds to take a small section of hair from the section she's working on and combs it outward. She wraps my hair around the roller and secures it with the metal clip. She does this to all of the sections.

*You must hold the roller close to the scalp as you secure the metal clip to the roller. This prevents the roller from falling out.
*The size of the rollers is very important. I'm not sure of the diameter of the rollers that my stylist uses, but some sizes are color-coded. My stylist uses grey and purple rollers in my hair! Long hair needs medium to large rollers (faster drying)
*When you purchase rollers, the size/diameter is on the packaging.

My hair is 22 inches and I used the larger rollers in the hair salon. You can find rollers of various sizes (from tiny to extra large) in beauty supply stores and even in CVS. They have special rollers for longer haired people. Also, if the clips don't stay in on their own, put a snood (fabric covered fish net bonnet; think lunch lady, only not creepy) over your set to keep it in place.

Thanks a lot Boadicea. I like that snood idea. my rollers are usually falling all over the place.

[ QUOTE ]
My hair is 22 inches and I used the larger rollers in the hair salon. You can find rollers of various sizes (from tiny to extra large) in beauty supply stores and even in CVS. They have special rollers for longer haired people. Also, if the clips don't stay in on their own, put a snood (fabric covered fish net bonnet; think lunch lady, only not creepy) over your set to keep it in place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amberskye, I have the purple rollers as well. Biggest I've found so far here in NJ. Why do they call them "magnetic" rollers anyway when they're rolling all out my head..lol

[ QUOTE ]
Lanisha22,
I get my hair roller set at the salon. The stylist uses magnetic rollers (medium size and jumbo rollers) and metal clips. 1st she sections my hair in 4 sections. She applies clips to 3 of the sections and proceeds to take a small section of hair from the section she's working on and combs it outward. She wraps my hair around the roller and secures it with the metal clip. She does this to all of the sections.

*You must hold the roller close to the scalp as you secure the metal clip to the roller. This prevents the roller from falling out.
*The size of the rollers is very important. I'm not sure of the diameter of the rollers that my stylist uses, but some sizes are color-coded. My stylist uses grey and purple rollers in my hair! Long hair needs medium to large rollers (faster drying)
*When you purchase rollers, the size/diameter is on the packaging.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Lanisha...Welcome to LHCF!
wave.gif

Here are some threads that might help as well:
<ul type="square"> How To's Scroll down to rollerset 101
Hair tips Scroll to Styling tips -&gt; roller set tips [/list]

HTH as well.

Back