Rinsing

patticake

i was just wondering how long you all rinse your hair after shampooing/conditioning. my cousin says you should rinse your hair of shampoo for 60 sec and conditioner for at least 30. i'm not sure, but i think that's too long for rinsing if you have dry hair like mine. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I just kind of rinse until I feel the soap is rinsed out. I don't really time it. Since I no longer have the 'squeak' from shampooing the 'life' out of my hair...I have to rely on how it feels to me.

no it's not bad, not that i know of! but i do know that you especially don't want to rinse out all the conditioner in your hair. a good conditioner has all the ingredients that protects the hair and some detangle so it's important not to rinse all that out. as for shampoo it's supposed to clean the hair and leaving some residue of it can leave your hair filmy and sometimes the scalp itchy and dry (at least for me). just like when you wash your body clean you don't want any soap residue or your skin can feel itchy. so rinsing out the shampoo is important. that's why some people i know time rinses so they don't leave in too much shampoo and don't rinse out too much conditioner. but in all there's nothing bad about rinses. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

if u wanna leave some conditioner in simply rinse on the coldest temperature you can stand. your hair will dry with a nice sheen and the conditioner will remain a bit. there should be no need to worry about the amount of rinsing if you control the water temperature. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

yea, i heard about that but i didn't know the reason why you should rinse in the coldest temperature. i guess i do now! i'm freezing just thinking about it /images/graemlins/shocked.gif, but it's worth a try!

thanx

-ennyaa-

i agree! i would try it in the sink, but that would add more tangles! /images/graemlins/frown.gif do you know any alternatives? /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

You could fill up a pot full of cold water and once out of the shower, tilt your head backward and dip head into the pot. I do this sometimes when it's too cold to get my whole body wet with freezin'cold water.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Pandora said:
am i missing something here, is rinsing bad for the hair? why time it? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I think what she meant is timing it to be sure you get the shampoo completely out of your hair(like brushing your teeth or washing your hands at least(I think 2 mins) to be sure they are really clean)....something like that... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Ennyaa said:
See I'd love to try that but... BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with Pandora on this one....it does make your hair soooo shinny...even if it is too cold!

well thanx for all the advice. i've learned more from you all than my hairdresser of 11 years! and she rinses my hair in very hot water. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

cold water simply closes the cuticles and the light reflects off the surface, giving a nice sheen to it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i just get the shower head and tilt my head back and rinse for 20 secs or so /images/graemlins/smile.gif

When I rinse the shampoo out of my hair, I rinse for a long time (at least 2-3 minutes). When I rinse the conditioner out of my hair, I rinse for a short time (less than a minute). HTH.

Do you all recommend daily rinsing for relaxed hair? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I wet mine everyday just about, but certainly not rinse. I'll have to try that tonight maybe.

Also, is it wise to leave a little conditioner in relaxed hair? I used to think that the hairdressers were washing my hair too fast and not getting all the conditioner out. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

One more thing. Do you all think that Infusium 23 leave-in weighs the hair down too much?

Okay. No more questions. (for now) /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

my hair is also relaxed and i too rinse it daily. and yes i think it is good to leave some conditioner in your hair! /images/graemlins/smile.gif when i do my hair is more managable, less tangled, less breakage, and with a nice shiny when it dries. a good conditioner is made for protecting your hair so i think not rinsing it all out isn't a bad idea. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back