Rinsing DC with a rinse out conditioner

I do it too...it does work great. After I DC with heat, I let the DC cool then rinse with a rinse out.

ETA: I do rinse the DC out after it cools, THEN do the rinse out condish. :yep: Sorry...should have been clearer.

Last edited:
I let my DC cool off for at least 20-30 mins, before I rinse it out, but I don't add a rinse out condish on top, before I do it. I think read on The Natural Haven to let it cool off, before rinsing.

Will wait for more reviews on layering with the r/o condish part.

A lot of dominican conditioners (Crece Pelo comes to mind) are marketed as rinse outs for use after a DC.

I tried this last time I DCed, but I can't say if it works for me. I'm dealing with low PO natural hair and normal PO texlaxed hair and I'm having trouble finding a product that both like. My texlaxed hair felt great, my natural hair on the other hand :ohwell: I just repurchased my go-to DC brand, I'll try this method with that. I've been using this DC on and off for years so I will have no trouble seeing if the addition of the rinse out conditioner on top makes a difference. If I'm not hair lazy tonight :look: I'll try it and report back in a few days.

sounds like a waste of product.why not just rinse out the DC with water?

The article says that the idea is to help seal the benefits of the DC in the hair. If it works, I guess it's not really wasting products because you can use less DC and/or leave-in later as your hair should be more moisturized and for longer.

Idk... Highly porous ppl like me should avoid this. I know id have moisture overload with the quickness.

It's the only way I rinse out my dc's now. I can detangle my hair well and it works great especially for dc's that do not have any slip.

Last edited:
I have done this ever since I started using henna and sukesh glosses as a dc. I figured since I rinse the powders with a r/o conditioner, I can do the same with a regular dc. I like the results I am getting.

I tried this last time I DCed, but I can't say if it works for me. I'm dealing with low PO natural hair and normal PO texlaxed hair and I'm having trouble finding a product that both like. My texlaxed hair felt great, my natural hair on the other hand :ohwell: I just repurchased my go-to DC brand, I'll try this method with that. I've been using this DC on and off for years so I will have no trouble seeing if the addition of the rinse out conditioner on top makes a difference. If I'm not hair lazy tonight :look: I'll try it and report back in a few days.

Wow that's a tough one! What about a protein and moisture balanced or protein DC with a moisturising rinse out or vice versa?

mshoneyfly said:
I have done this ever since I started using henna and sukesh glosses as a dc. I figured since I rinse the powders with a r/o conditioner, I can do the same with a regular dc. I like the results I am getting.

I have the sukesh! Do you mix it the same way as a henna gloss?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

I love this method. It helps aid in detangling for me and it also helped decrease the amount of DC i used per session. I use to use almost 12 ounces :perplexed.....now I only use 2-3 ounces *WIN!

Wow that's a tough one! What about a protein and moisture balanced or protein DC with a moisturising rinse out or vice versa?

I'm still experimenting. I was stretching my relaxers at least 4 months, sometimes 5, and for the most part my NG was never a problem. So I thought transitioning would be easy, at a year post (tomorrow!) I'm find that it's like I'm learning everything all over again. I have to switch up my products and techniques.

I was told to use a protein treatment every two weeks to keep the two textures strong. My thing is getting my NG to accept the moisture and then keep it. It's hard to get my leave-in conditioners to get into my NG so a good DC is very important. I see you mentioned Mane n Tail. I was told that it's great for natural hair, I didn't consider trying it as a rinse out since I haven't purchased it up yet. I'll have to try this. Thanks! :grin:

After I Dc,I use a conditioning rinse-out..Keeps my hair tangle free..

Happy Hair Growing!

Dang! I've been doing this by accident. My hair much better after I do that last step.

Sent from my sexy phone.

You know I have been doing this since I starting using the ouidad 12 minute deep treat a few months ago. Initially I thought the Ouidad 12 minute deep treat was just that awesome but maybe I can save a little money and try this with other conditioners. Thanks for pointing this out!

No, I don't use this method but something similar. I saturate my dry hair with deep conditioner, Aubrey Organic GPB, and cover my hair with a plastic cap for like an hour. I then add shampoo to my hair and rinse out the DC and shampoo at the same time.

I add my leave in and oil then twist my hair or put it in a bun. I've only done it a couple of times. So far so good.

I let my DC cool off for at least 20-30 mins, before I rinse it out, but I don't add a rinse out condish on top, before I do it. I think read on The Natural Haven to let it cool off, before rinsing.

Will wait for more reviews on layering with the r/o condish part.

MileHighDiva

Since you allow your DC to cool off before rinsing .... Do you then rinse with warm or cool water?

Would you consider your hair's porosity to be low, normal or high?

Thanks

MileHighDiva

Since you allow your DC to cool off before rinsing .... Do you then rinse with warm or cool water?

Would you consider your hair's porosity to be low, normal or high?

Thanks

NappyRina I'm transitioning, so I believe the ends that are processed are more porous. My tolerance for cold is not real high, but I rinse with water as cool as I can take it :lol: for the sake of my strand health.

Back