Review: Zury Lace Weave System

LadyPaniolo

OK, so I bought the Zury Coco Lace Weave System, looking for a quick protective style. This is how it works, for those who aren't familiar. There is a base that goes over the majority of your head. It has weave hair (4 different grades available) attached to a stretchy net cap. The base has a space at the top where you can attach a closure or cut the net away and expose your natural hair for blending.

There are several different types of closures available, some of which allow you to pull your hair through in different ways. I got the full coverage one, because the weave hair doesn't come close to blending with these naps!

OK, so I installed the straight one today. Here's a pic of the style (way at the bottom of the screen)

Pros:

• SO EASY to install. Just sew around the perimeter of the base, and cut away the excess netting. Then sew on the closure and cut away the excess netting there.

• Nice hair! :yep: I got the cheapest version, just to try it. I expected the synthetic hair to be garbage, but I really really like it. It's as silky as human hair. Some folks may wish to remove the shine with an ACV rinse, but I like the shine. It reminds me of my relaxed hair, which I am missing these days. :sad: For you corporate sistas, you can use this system to look professional without all the heat damage from styling... and I'd reccomend it to anybody who wants a pretty and easy style for vacations!

• Affordable! (aka Cheap! :lachen:) I got mine from savebeauty.com. The base was like $15, the closure $11. It looks like a professionally done sew in, but for a fraction of the price. Since 99% of people could install this themselves (or at least have a friend do it) you save money on the price of installs. And in this economy? Hello!

• Well Constructed. I was afraid it would look wiggy. It doesn't though.

• Versatile! So many choices... you can just have the base, just use the closure with a different weave style, or choose one of the 4 closure styles.

• Healthy Hair Friendly. The net style allows you to wash, moisturize, condition, and dry easily. The limited sewing needed reduces the risk of suffering damage from weave thread cutting your real hair. I may take it down every 2 weeks to redo my cornrows just to prevent matting and keep it nice and flat.
CONS

• The hole for attaching the closure is not the same size as the closure... it's a little smaller. I wish it was the same size, for ease of sewing. :ohwell:

• There aren't too many choices of styles. They have the J-style, which is way too short :imo: the straight (:love: it!) and the Diva which I also got... and am :yawn: about. The more pricey lines have some curly styles, none of which I personally wanted to wear. But everything ain't for everybody.

• The colors run a little dark. I'm wearing the #2 hair and it looks like a 1B at best if not a straight up #1.

• There is some shedding going on. Not tons, but some. What do you expect for so cheap, though?ETA: Wait, there's more shedding than i thought at first. Hopefully the Remi won't shed as much.
In Conclusion:
:cupidarrow: :cloud9: :mmmchocolate:Next time I'll get the Remi, which I will rock till it collapses! This is my winter protective style... and may end up being my style for many moons! I highly recommend it!

Attachments

• Straight-Lace-Weave_s.jpg
    Straight-Lace-Weave_s.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Wow! I was considering it, but I've never installed my own weave.I was going to sew it on to a wig cap. Was this your first self install?

hey, thanks for the post!! i have been searching for something quick && easy. everybody has been saying my hair is too long for this n that, but i see ur BSL! anyway 3 ??s. 1) where did u get urs from?? GMBShair?? and 2) is this basically a sew in?? my hair would be braided && then this gets sewn in?? 3) u dont like the "romance" style??

Wow! I was considering it, but I've never installed my own weave.I was going to sew it on to a wig cap. Was this your first self install?

This wasn't my first self install, but it should have been. Meaning, this is a billion times easier than doing a regular sew in on your own head. And the results look much sleeker and more professional.

I never thought about sewing it to a wig cap... :scratchch

hey, thanks for the post!! i have been searching for something quick && easy. everybody has been saying my hair is too long for this n that, but i see ur BSL! anyway 3 ??s. 1) where did u get urs from?? GMBShair?? and 2) is this basically a sew in?? my hair would be braided && then this gets sewn in?? 3) u dont like the "romance" style??

I got mine from savebeauty.com... it's way cheaper than gmbshair.com but they don't have as big a selection, so there's a tradeoff.

Yep, it's like a cross between a wig and a sew in. You cornrow your hair, and sew down the braids if needed to get it super flat. Put on the base kinda like you would a wig. Sew the perimeter down at the front (under where the closure goes) the back, and the sides. Then sew on the closure. Easy peasy. Took me 20 mins.

The romance style is my fave style of weave in general, but the curls were a little tighter than the pics Zury has shown. I guess they will fall with time. Since I paid for it I'm sure going to wear it! But I like the straight style best, esp. since it's the same lenght as my own natural hair... BSL.

Oooh, I've been thinking about getting a sew in, but I don't wanna go to the salon. This is great!!!!

Word to the wise: sew the closure onto the base unit BEFORE sewing anything to your head. Makes installation and takedown much easier.

Some folks on another hair board (that shall remain nameless) complained that they couldn't curl it, etc like they could the super expensive hair... and they may be right about that. But I got a curly one and a straight one. If I want curls, I'll take this one down and put on the curly one. That gives me a chance to rebraid and DC anyway.

For those who aren't spoiled rotten by billion dollar hair, this works. If the thought of touching anything that isn't Remi gives you cold chills, pass up the cheaper versions and go straight for the Hollywood Remi version.

That's cute, and a good idea for those who don't want the expense of a sew-in. I just may try this, or have one of my friends do it for me.

This might be the solution! I wanted to wear some straight hair for the holidays but I want it too look like my natural hair straightened or relatively close to that.

It the hair super shiny and silky? I hope not.

Thanks for the tip.

What's the texture like? I saw a youtube video of this kind of zury install and the hair looked like doll hair.

This might be the solution! I wanted to wear some straight hair for the holidays but I want it too look like my natural hair straightened or relatively close to that.

It the hair super shiny and silky? I hope not.

Thanks for the tip.

The one I got is super shiny and silky. It is also the cheapest one they make. There are other grades of hair they make that may not be as shiny, though I don't personally know first hand.

However, there are ways to reduce the shine on the weave. You can give it an ACV rinse to lower the shine. Some folks have dusted the hair with baby powder to reduce shine, though I think that might leave your weave looking dusty :perplexed

What's the texture like? I saw a youtube video of this kind of zury install and the hair looked like doll hair.

The texture I got is silky straight... they also make a "natural" style that looks kinda like a braidout in the Q series.

I know some folks feel strongly against weave hair that is too shiny and silky, and I respect that. To each her own. For me it's nice to have that silkiness and shine, though, since I can't easily get that with my natural hair.

The texture I got is silky straight... they also make a "natural" style that looks kinda like a braidout in the Q series.

I know some folks feel strongly against weave hair that is too shiny and silky, and I respect that. To each her own. For me it's nice to have that silkiness and shine, though, since I can't easily get that with my natural hair.

I wish I could embrace the silky shine because it's easy to get a cute weave like this! LOL! I've been in these curls and curly weaves for so long I feel like I look so weird in the silky straight stuff right now....

The video was really good to show how to install this....

Did you buy only one pack? Also, do you have a pic of yourself with the hair sewed in?

I bought a pack of the base, and a pack of the closure. It's a 2 piece system, though you can choose to use them independantly.

I've decided not to post any pics of myself or my kids on the net anymore... since I read that thread with the pics of the girl on her BF's car where all over the world people were straight up clowning... even going so far as to go to her myspace to talk ish. That's why I took the pics off my siggy and my avatar.

Thanks for posting joyous. Do you have a link to purchase the Zury system?

Also, how many paks did you use?

Back