Review:Vidal Sasson Ionic Hair Dryer

Desert Skye

I am over my parents house visiting for thanksgiving and i really wanted to wash my hair to make it nice for tomorrow. I happend to have my rollers here and some olive oil cholesterol deep conditioner and I happend to make a really neat roller set( I usually always have a few pieces sticking out in the back but not this time)because I tried a new way of rolling it.
I dont have my little Gold N Hot hard bonnet hair dry here but i had this Vidal Sasson Ion dryer that my mom now owns.
So I thought OOO Wee! it is uses IONs so it must be better then my other dryer! The Ions promised to dry hair faster and leave hair shiny. yeah right...

My first problems with this dryer is that:
1. There is only High and Low speed on it. No medium. I was going to sit under the dome with the cholesterol in my hair but the low was not hot enough and the high was too hot so i decided to sit with hot towel on instead.
2. The dryer is LOUD! The sound sitting under the thing was deafning! It was a high pitch mechanical sound. I took a break in the middle of drying and my ears were ringing and i was beginning to have a headache.
3. The heat was not coming from all sides like my Golde N Hot but just in the back. The back of my head was dry but not the rest of my head because the heat was not being distributed evenly.
4 .The dryer did not dry. I sat for a good hour and a half like i usually do and my hair came out horrible. It felt dry so i took out the curlers. The curls came out nice for a few mins but they were not totally dry and then after a few minutes, the curls began to frizz. Tell me, If a dryer does not dry then what is its purpose on earth then!!!!!

Well my hair is ruined for Turkey day. I am going to have to just put it up in a bun and call it a day. I am just pissed because I tried really hard this time to make a nice and neat rollerset like they do in the salon and now i finally did it...my dryer ruined it! /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif This dryer is a hunk of crap and I am going to sell it for real cheap next time we have a yard sale!!!!!!!! I miss my Gold N Hot....

Msportugal: i wish i could but i cant. If i had just recently bought this mess i would have gone back to the store first thing this morning and demanded my money back.But I bought it during the summer and kept it here because I had no room for it in my apartment.

I am not good with wearing styling my hair up. I can only do basics. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Try misting your hair with a little water and/or leave in conditioner and then wrapping it. Or you could try dampening it and letting it dry using the ponytail method. A braid out is another option. That would be too cute on you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You know I took notes when you mentioned "I happend to make a really neat roller set". I would love to know and see how you roller set your hair. When I do a really neat roller set, I feel like keeping those bad boys in my hair (just because I did such a neat job). /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You could always do one of those pin buns (like the pic in your album). It looks great.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
When I do a really neat roller set, I feel like keeping those bad boys in my hair (just because I did such a neat job). /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You could always do one of those pin buns (like the pic in your album). It looks great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what you mean! I almost dont want to unravel them because its only once in a blue moon i get the back to look all perfect and neat!!

I did manage to make my hair look somewhat decent...I put some keracare oil moisturiser and i curled it with a curling iron. It came out ok but not as nice i like. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

if you dont mind glossy, next time you should put pics up. i enjoy seeing rollerset pics, it inspires me.

haha no problem! If i ever get it to look decent again ill be sure to post some up. I love looking at rollerset pics too.

Back