REVIEW: Ultra Sheen SUPREME D&C Shampoo!!

Jade21

Here's a rave review for a very cheap product. I mean "cheap" in price only. Superior quality.

The full name of the product is Ultra Sheen SUPREME Detangling and Conditioning Shampoo.

I've been using this product for a long time now and don't think I ever wrote a full review for it. I've told many about it. I can't say how pleased I am with it.

It's 25.4oz for $3.99 at Sally's. So, that's pretty cool for the budget.

Here are the ingredients: water, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, PEG-3 distearate, sodium cocoamphoacetate, glycerin, polyquaternium-10, citric acid, fragrance, PEG-200, hydrogenated glyceryl palmate, sodium chloride, sodium benzoate, sodium formate, propylene glycol, quaternium-80, panthenol, hydroxypropyl, guar hydroxypropyl trimonium, hydrolyzed keratin, aloe juice, babassu seed oil, FD&C colors, hydrolyzed silk, butylene glycol, potassium sorbate, methyparaben, propylparaben.

On the bottle, it says the shampoo is "enriched with aloe vera, babassu oil, keratin protein, pro-vitamin B5 and silk protein." It's "especially formulated for all hair types" and: "conditions as it cleanses, detangles to help make hair easy to comb, strengthens the hair follicles, helps reduce breakage, and leaves hair more manageable and silky without build up."

I don't know about whether it really strengthens the hair follicles, but the rest is truly an understatement. My hair is always soft, shiny, tangle-free and glorious with this shampoo. I traded my Revlon Professional Creme of Nature in for this one. There's no alternating needed with this one because there is no build up as the product promises. And, the de-tangling POWER is awesome!

It's a very gentle shampoo, too. My scalp is always at peace with it and it's like regardless of the conditioner I use, my hair feels moisturized from roots to ends. But, my hair has never turned to sludge.

Oh, the SMELL! It's a wonderful mix of a bit of pineapple and banana..very tropical, but not fake in any way.

I HIGHLY recommend this product, especially for anyone who has troubles with tangled wet hair.

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 is the best, I give this product a 100!

I feel confident in recommending this product since I've used it for over one year and have never had any problems with build up or "immunity."

Last note: there is a conditioner which is a companion to this product. I've never tried it, but perhaps someone else would like to do so and report back
laugh.gif

Hope everyone is having a great early spring!

~Jade~

Thanks for the post...I have recently been using Ultra Sheen hair gel (it feels like grease) ...anyway, it leaves my hair really soft. I use it to lock in moisture after I shampoo. I am going to try it, I have been debating. I love CON, Lawd knows I do, but Luv'em and leave'em is the rule of most hair fanatics
rofl.gif

Nyambura adds another product to try on her 'Jade21 Recs' list

Always good to "see" you Jade.
wave.gif
Thanks for the always informative reviews!

Re: REVIEW: Ultra Sheen SUPREME D&C Shampoo!!

Hey jade,

I went on the sally website and they have an X by it, I guess it is being discontinued? You might want to stock up!

That was a really good review. Thanks a lot.

I love the detangling conditioner. 25 oz for 3.99 you can't beat that
smile.gif

This is a good shampoo.
smile.gif
I bought the giant 25 oz bottle last year for company. I have to hide my good stuff when my family visits.
sekret.gif
They use handfuls of hair product.
frown.gif

Wow, I gotta have it! I've been searching for a poo... this one sounds PERFECT. Detangles, conditions, under $5 & Jade gives it "100"... gotta have it!

okay, i RAN and bought these products yesterday! i am so, so very excited. my next wash day is wednesday and i will definitely be using the poo/con.

i just revisited my creme of nature after about 12 years and i was loving the results but always had concerns in the back of my mind about the build-up.

so when i saw that jade said these products were comparable to creme of nature; i broke my neck trying to find them. i went to three bss stores and lucked up at:

deco drive
20721 s. dixie hgwy
south miami, fl
305-971-0370

this bss is clean and stocked w/just about every product most of us use on the board including surge! yea!
btw-i did'nt see any keracare but i have metrobeauty to turn to for that. maybe they'll be carrying it soon.

last, ultra sheen has a liquid protein treatment (i can't recall the name or price) but i plan on buying it today. it says ypu can follow up w/the conditioner.

Back