Review: Soft Bonnet Dryer (for use in Europe)

ubavka123

I was so bummed to leave my Pibbs behind and I first thought that I would shell out just as much money for a similar dryer to use in Europe. I just couldn't bring myself to spend 300 GBP on a dryer, since I had already laid a pretty penny down on the Pibbs. I love my Pibbs, but I couldn't risk bringing it here and ruining it due to some transformer mishap. So, I took a chance and bought a soft-bonnet dryer after seeing so many ladies raving about the US version from Sally's. I have found a pretty decent soft bonnet dryer here in Europe. I bought it from Amazon.de. It is made by Braun and is called Elegance. I absolutely love it! It has 4 speeds: cool, low, med., and high. It gets very hot on high (so I dry on medium), dries my hair in a decent amount of time, and leaves my rollersets silky and bouncy. I can still deep condition with heat and do all the styles I love,even though I am miles from home. It isn't that cheap, but it is worth it if you are in need of an efficient dryer that will suit all your needs while you are abroad. I am going to be living here for a while, so I made the investment and I do not regret it. Now, I am not going to lie, it doesn't dry as quckly as the Pibbs, but I would say that I have to sit under an extra half-hour. For me, that isn't too bad. Remember, I dry on medium. If I dried on high, it might finish me up just the same as the Pibbs! Hope this helps someone.

http://www.amazon.de/Braun-HLH-20-T...=pd_ka_1/303-9504410-9524216?ie=UTF8&s=health

It seems as if the dryer got great reviews (even though I couldnt read it since it was in German:lol: ). Im glad that you're happy with your purchase. Its too bad that you had to leave your Pibbs at home. I think you could have taken it with the right transformer, though. But I can understand you not wanting to take that risk. Well, enjoy your purchase!;)

I think you were reading my mind. Thanks for the info. I hate using transformers so the dryer I bought with me from the states just sits in my garage. I am going to mail it home to my mom and purchase a new one. With time it will save me money because I will save on electricity. Have a safe tour.

I was interested in this one! I've seen the American version and was trying to locate it here in London and couldn't find it. But then I found it in one of our most common stores - ARGOS - over Christmas. And it isn't pricey either.

I particularly like the fact that it is ionic. It is currently on special offer!!!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4423793.htm

t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
4423793A65UC266763M.jpg
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...23793A65UC266763X.jpg&imageText=&jsparm=false
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
Special Offer
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
Vidal Sassoon Soft Bonnet Hood Dry.
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
t.gif
£.99
  • For all round styling and drying.
  • 600 watt.
  • Ionic.
  • 3 heat settings.
  • 2 speed settings.
  • 4 position control - high, low, off and cool.
  • Ionic indicator alerts user to power on mode.
  • On/off indicator.
  • Adjustable PVC shoulder strap.
  • Compact storage case included.
  • 2 year guarantee.

shunta said:
It seems as if the dryer got great reviews (even though I couldnt read it since it was in German:lol: ). Im glad that you're happy with your purchase. Its too bad that you had to leave your Pibbs at home. I think you could have taken it with the right transformer, though. But I can understand you not wanting to take that risk. Well, enjoy your purchase!;)

Well, you know, I am glad that I didn't take it, because I blew the fuse on my transformer trying to use my CHI blowdryer and I think I may have ruined that. I also, with the right transformer, ruined my Oral-B Sonic toothbrush and had to buy the European version! Those items were expensive and I just know I would be devastated if I blew up my Pibbs. These things can be so unpredictable even with the right transformer! Oh well...But I am happy with this purchase. Thanks. :)

yoniy said:
I think you were reading my mind. Thanks for the info. I hate using transformers so the dryer I bought with me from the states just sits in my garage. I am going to mail it home to my mom and purchase a new one. With time it will save me money because I will save on electricity. Have a safe tour.

You're welcome. I am glad it helps you. It's funny when you said have a safe tour, it made me think of the military--no affiliation whatsoever. Thanks for the well-wishes. :)

Back