Review - Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing cond.

Honi

There is no board.
Hi ladies!

I just wanted to post my review of this new line that I saw in Sally's last week. I had the opportunity to finally use it so here goes.

Silk Elements has a new line.
Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo
Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner
Mega Cholesterol conditioner

After reading the ingredients I chose the Luxury moisturizing conditioner. Price was 2.99. The product said that it was a deep penetrating conditioning treatment designed to rebuild dry, damaged hair and is also fortified with Silk Protein, Aloe Vera, Panthenol, Vitamin-B5. I should have paid close attention as I remember that any conditioner containing aloe vera tends to make my hair feel rough but I gave it a try. I'm also 12 weeks post touchup so my hair may not like anything at this point. Freshly touched up my hair would love everything. Even the crappy stuff! LOL

I first did a preshampoo wash with Giovanni's Tree Triple Treat shampoo followed by Keracare's Hydrating detangling shampoo and detangled my hair using a wide toothed comb under the shower stream.

Next, I applied the conditioner. The consistency reminded me of Motions moisture plus....creamy but kinda thick. I left it on with a plastic cap and left it on my hair for 5-7 minutes no heat.

I then proceeded to rinse. I noticed that my hair was soft but did not have the slip like Keracare or Elucence which happens to be my benchmark for slippage. It also did not have a really good smooth feeling either. This is when I knew the reason had to be the aloe vera. I discovered this way back when I used LeKair Cholesterol (this too had the same ingredient in the product).

Anywho, I proceeded with my leave in and oil and proceeded to rollerset and sat under the dryer on a warm setting. When I took the rollers out again my hair was soft but not super soft. It was a bit stiff. It was late...about 2 in da morning so I lightly mist my hair with my liquid moisturizer concoction which contains Elucence, distilled water and africa's best herbal oil, put into a loose bun, tie my hair up and go to bed. The next morning I take my hair down. It's still a bit stiff so I lightly mist again and put up in a bun. Currently my hair is softer than it was so I'm happy for the moment.

I give this conditioner a 6 out of 10. I don't think I will be buying it again because of the aloe in it. I also don't think I'll be trying the rest of this line either.

oh my:
i just bought the entire line shampoo, conditioner, cholesterol, and serum. i hope my hair likes this product
look.gif

Well I know the Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol is very good. When I used it, I concentrated it on the ends of my hair and once my hair airdried, it was moisturized for days. That was a first for me, so as soon as I am out of the braids I am going back to my Silk Elements.

Back