Review: Qhemet Karite Nut Curl Milk and Heavy Cream

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I've been promising to do a review for these two products for a while now. I was going to wait until I reordered the karite nut milk, as I was heavy handed with my first bottle and didnt get to try it over as many days as I would have liked, but with so many products on my "to try list", it will be a while before I get around to reordering it.

Karite Nut Curl Milk is one of the more recent additions to the Qhemet line. Its a styling product designed to enhance (not define) curls. Even though it is designed for type 2-3b hair types, I was able to get good results with 3c/4a hair. I dont think a true type 4 would get good use of this product alone, but mixed with another leave in, it may work for you. It made my coils look much better as I had less frizz. It mixed well with my other products and left my hair with a "richness" it didnt have before. It was like a deeper sheen, my hair looked really healthy. Its designed to be used on wet hair, and I used it for my wash and goes. If you use too much it will make your hair slightly crunchy. It comes in a pump bottle but be sure to shake well before using as the product does tend to seperate. The only thing I didnt like about the product is that any left on the pump dispenser hardens into a crust, you cant always see it as it is sometimes inside the pump, and I had to pick out white pieces of product from my hair at times. Not a major issue but a squeeze bottle with a pop top instead of the pump may have made a better dispenser for the product. It rinses well from my hair and left no build up and has a faint scent. It sells for $11.00 for 6oz. I believe it is a water based product. I no longer have the container to list the ingredients, but they should be available on the website, http://qhemetbiologics.com

After trying the Karite Milk I expected the Alma Olive Heavy cream to be a heavier liquid version of that product, but its actually more of a cream type hair dressing that is fairly solid in the jar. The jar is 6oz but a little goes a long way. I'm currently on my second jar of it. It's non greasy and has a nice but not over powering scent. I use it mostly for two strand twists, tho I have mixed it with honey bush tea gel and/or curl activator on days that I wear my wash and go's and want extra softness. It leaves my hair VERY soft. I literally couldnt keep my hands out my hair the first month I used it. As soon as I twisted up and my hair dried, I was twisting them out again. My hair has never felt this good before. Other folx like it too. :D I expected it to be difficult to rinse from my hair due to the consistency of it, (It has a castor oil base) but suprisingly even on the days I would only rinse and not wash the product rinsed cleanly from my hair with no build up on my scalp. Its designed for 3bc-4b hair types, tho I think anyone can use this. It leaves my hair with a nice sheen as well, but not quite as rich as the Karite Nut Milk. I get so many more compliments when I use this to do my twists than when I use my other products alone. Currently this is one of my staples. It is $10.00 for 6oz.

The ingredients are Castor (Ricinus Communis) Oil, Olive (Olea Europa) Oil, Distilled Water, Organis Alma (Phyllanthus Embilca) Extract, Organic Aloe (Aloe Ferox) Africana, MSM (Methosulfonyimethane), Vegetable Glycerin, Begetable Emulsifier, Phenoxyethanol, Mixed Parabens, Fragrance.

Back