Review of Silk Elements Revive & Restore Repair Masque Deep Hair Conditioner

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
I bought the sample packet at Sally's on sale a couple of months ago. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm, since I get heavy handed with it. Here is more info about the product:
Silk Elements Revive & Restore Repair Masque Deep Conditioner helps prevent the spread of breakage and split-ends while strengthening and rebuilding hair.

Helps stop hair breakage
Seals split ends while providing each hair strand with more strength andpliability
Leaves hair feeling soft and silky
Excellent for detangling and repairing damage caused by chemical processing and thermal styling

Usage Tips
Apply evenly throughout shampooed hair and let penetrate for 5-10 minutes. For a more intense penetration, cover hair with a plastic cap and sit under a warm dryer for 10-15 minutes. Rinse hair thoroughly with warm water and proceed with styling.

How I used it:
Well I was doing an Aphogee Treatment so I needed a serious moisturizing conditioner. Like a dummy I left behind my Biolage UHB conditioner at school. So I tore open the Repair Masque and squeezed out as much I can get out of the packet. The maque smells nice, a little overbearing but tolerable for me. It had herby bits, similar to Motions CPR, so if you hate herby bits, stay away from this. I added some oil that I had laying around because I needed this masque to spread out more since my hair is thick and dry. I slapped on a cap and sat under the dryer. I combed my hair and it does help detangle my hair. It rinsed out pretty well and I didn't see any herby bits during the slow combout.

Ingredients:
water, cetearyl alcohol, cetrimonium bromide, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, acetylated lanolin, hydrolyzed collagen, biosaccharide gum, hydroxyethylcellulose, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa centifolia flower extract, fennel fruit extract, sambucus nigra flower extract, calendula officianalis flower extract, orange peel extract, sage leaf extract, achillea millefollium extract, geranium maculatum extract, tea tree leaf powder, nettle extract, silk amino acids, panthenol, quaternium 15, propylparaben, methylparaben, frangrance (I might have missed a couple of ingredients so don't take this as face value)

Found at:
Sally's Beauty Supply

Size:
8 oz. and 1 oz.

Would I buy it again:
Maybe. I first have to finish BUHB and Humectress.

I tried it and I loved it! It is especially great when it gets close to touch up time. I would use it all the time, but I just can't bear to betray my dear Humecto and Salerm Wheat Mask!

Back