Review of Chagrin Valley's Ayurvedic Shampoo Bar

araceli2418

So I was really excited about getting this b/c I'm crazy about ayurvedic hair products. Couldn't wait for it to be ready. I think I got it about 2 or 3 weeks ago. After cowashing daily for over a year I'm still trying to get used to this being shampoo so I have been using it everyday as if I'm still cowashing.

Anyway, it makes my hair strong. I don't get that soft, moisturized feeling like when I cowashed but it's not drying like with clarifying. My hair is definitely clean. The bar lathers very well. I wet my hair first. Then gently rub the bar on my hair and it immediately lathers up. I also work the lather through with my free hand while rubbing the bar with my other.

I moisturize daily, sometimes twice a day with shea butter whipped with coconut oil so there's never a lack of moisture.

Now for the smell. When I first got it the smell was strong. To me, it smells like Noxema but that does not bother me b/c I've used Noxema for years for my face. I was just concerned that I'd be walking around smelling like this stuff and that the bathroom would be drowning in its smell. Well, I worried for nothing. The smell does not linger AT ALL. Furthermore, after so many uses I can barely smell that Noxema smell.

Besides the whole ayurvedic thing, I wanted to get this thinking it would be more economical b/c I use A LOT of conditioner and I was tired of having to get bottles and bottles. For example, the 14.5 oz bottle of Suave Humectant only lasts about 3 washes. The bigger bottles don't last much longer either.

So anyway, there's my review. Hope it helps someone.

I use Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. I recently ran out and need to order more. I was thinking about so this review really helps. Thanks.

Back