review of biolage ultra hydrating balm

atlantatiffany

i just would like to say this is the best conditioner i have ever used. i totally feel i am not a pj anymore, because i finally have a staple shampoo and conditioner.

i would like to say i have extremely thick hair and my hair just loves moisture. i had been trying to find a conditioner for the longest and this is by far my fave. i love it better than keracare humecto(not that it isn't good) but the ultra hydrating balm left my hair so so and silky.

so if u don't have very thick hair it may be too moisturizing for u, but it is great. i rate this cond a perfect 10.

Thanks for the review I've been wanting to try this for a while. I usually use the conditioning balm or the fortifying conditioner.

I just purchased the Ultra hydrating balm and the hydrating shampoo. I like them both. I was going to post a review too.

Thanks so much for this review because I saw this on drugstore the other day and I saw all the great reviews and was thinking of getting this. I still haven't found a good conditioner yet and I was hoping that this may be "the one".

ETA: Nevermind, I'm mixed up. I was talking about the Biolage Conditioning Balm.

Last edited:
Sorry for my pessimistic opinion, but i destest this product, i've tested it 3-4 times and every time it left my hair coated, tangled mess and caused immense difficulty in combing. My conclusion to problem relates to the high the silicone content. My hair can only handle small amounts and this product was overloaded with them, i'm glad it worked well for some of you ladies.

The shampoo is one of my staples! I love the way the balm feels on my hair and the shine and softness it gives, but, I haven't been using it lately since my hair has needed deeper conditioning (strengthening). The shampoo though is really working out well!

I have to agree with Den1, it left my hair a hot mess. Shampoo, made my hair feel real dry and tangled when I rinsed it out. The conditioning balm didn't put any moisture back into my hair. Biolage gets two :down: :down: from me.:(

Back