REVIEW~~Motions Mango Butter

kitkat3ny

I bought and tried Motions Mango Butter hair dressing today. It smells really good. A little fruity but not to fruity. It's creamy and I have to say, so far so good. It really does feel good on my hair. My hair feels really soft but it does feel a little oily though, but I'm kinda heavy handed when putting on cream moisturizer.

I'd give this 2 thumps up!
smile.gif
smile.gif

I haven't tried Elasta's Mango Butter but here are the ingredients:

Water, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Peg/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Ceteareth-20, Glyceryl Sterate, Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Cetyl Alcohol, Sambucus Nigra, Mangifera Indica, Helianthus Annuus, Cocos Nucifera, Laneth-15, Acrylates/C10-30, Alkyl Acrylate, Crosspolymer, propylene Clycol, Sorbitol, Primula Veris, Peg-100 Stearate, Chomomilla Recuitia, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propulparaben, Dmom Hydantoin, Triethanolamine,
Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methyl propional, Geraniol, Hexyl Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Geraniol, Hexly Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool,
Fragrance.

Hmmm
confused.gif
, I don't know what the heck all this means but above the ingredients it says it has:
Sunflower, elderbery, primrose and chamomile.....however, i see none of this listed above. Perhaps I will check out the Elasta when my tube of this finishes. it does keep your hair soft though, I found for a creme my hair was a little to oily.

I didnt like it at first but I've come to rely on it for keeping my edges nice. It gives me waves when I brush my hair back. If I don't find something I like better I will probably purchase it again.

Sambucus Nigra, Mangifera Indica, Helianthus Annuus, Cocos Nucifera,Chomomilla Recuitia is Sunflower, elderbery, primrose and chamomile I moght give this a try

Elasta mango butter (I love this stuff) was a little oily for me too... unless I put it on my hair while it was still wet. Did you try this on wet or dry hair?

[ QUOTE ]
kitkat3ny said:
What did you find that you liked better?

[/ QUOTE ]

blush.gif
silly me
blush.gif
...I was thinking this was the elasta mango butter, I havent tried the motions yet. I havent found anything better yet. The elasta product works well but its not outstanding and for the way I use it for smoothing my hair/edges back in ponytails, I can get similar results with other products like oil moisturizers.

I decided yesterday after washing my hair not to use my salerm21 and instead use the motions mango butter, didn't like it at all. I think I prefer to use this on dry hair only. My hair wasn't silky at all.

You scared me away when you posted the ingredients I saw it had mineral oil in it. Thanks for the review though!
smile.gif

I like the motions mango butter too. Only on dry hair though. The QP mango butter is better for my edges when used with water.

Back