Review| Karen’s Body Beautiful Super Duper Hydrating Hair Cream

westNDNbeauty

ORIGINAL REVIEW AND PHOTOS CAN BE FOUND ON CONFESSIONS OF A BLOG VIXEN

PRODUCT SPECS
Price: $16.00 (6.7 oz)
Where to Buy: Karen’s Body Beautiful
Ingredients: Shea Butter, Aloe Vera Gel, Argan Oil
Product Claims: Works best for thick kinks or curls, relaxed, color treated or dry hair to hydrate strengthen and shine.

THE REVIEW
Let me first say, sorry I don’t have a photo review of the product. I got a sample of this from KayJay [+].

Initial Impressions
The texture of the product was not creamy. I actually think it leans more towards a butter, especially considering the first two ingredients. KayJay purchased the vanilla latte scent. Honestly, it smelled weird lol — but I got over it.

The Experience
On freshly conditioned hair, I moisturized with Sweet Ambrosia and then stretched with heat. I styled my hair in twists using the Super Duper, section by section. The key I found to using this cream was to brush it through the section you are working on. I used a very soft brush — that similar to a baby’s brush. Due to the texture of the product, it clumps and does not spread as easily as other creams.

After the product was evenly distributed and hair was twisted, my twists plumped. Not the too-wet kind of plump, but the just-right-shiny-and-smooth kind of plump. I didn’t expect that. My twists were not only smooth but also light weight, soft with minimal shrinkage! All the makings for a nice twist out.

<additional photo featured here on blog post>

As usual I wore my twists (while bunned) for a couple weeks and then wore my hair in a twist-out for another week. I have to give KBB props! My twists were soft for the entire two weeks with a re-touch of cream here and there. No build-up. I will say though, just by the little experimenting I did on a section of hair, I don’t think this product plays well with others; even sealers in the KBB line.

Word on the street is KBB will be hitting the shelves of Target pretty soon, if the Super Duper Cream is one of their debut products, I will cop one of those joints.

Stay tuned! New YouTube video to will be posted on how to create a No Fail Bantu Knot Out! YouTube.com/wwestNDNbeautyy[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Back