Review: Giovanni's 50:50 Balanced Shampoo

Divine Inspiration

Last night, I used Giovanni's 50:50 Balanced poo in my wash. I really liked it. It reminded me a lot of Nexxus Therappe b/c as I was using it, my hair felt very soft and it felt like a moisturizing poo.

The interesting thing about this poo is that it's designed to hydrate as well as lock in color. The 50:50 suggests that it "balances the art of clean with supreme protection." The bottle says it's gentle enough for every day use and I believe it although I'd never wash my hair that often due to time constraints.

The poo is sulfate & paraben free, and it has a wonderful mix of ingredients which include rosemary oil, nettle oil, thyme oil, and chamomile oil just to name a few.

When I was done, my hair felt clean but not stripped. It smells like candy... :look:

So I like this poo...I plan to experiment with more of the Giovanni poos, but this one is definitely a contender for 2006 Staple Poo. :lol:

i have used this poo many times, eventually i believed my hair got used to it, but while it worked, it worked very well...i would also reccommend the tea tree shampoo...i still use that...works wonders! u can feel the tingle...

Thanks for the review! I've used a bunch of their products but have never tried any of their shampoos. I'm considering the Tea Tree one...

I have the 50/50 remoisturizer conditioner..I love this stuff! I like it better than the Giovanni leave-in..

MzTami said:
I have the 50/50 remoisturizer conditioner..I love this stuff! I like it better than the Giovanni leave-in..

Girl what?! I'm gonna have to pick that up!!! I thought it didn't get much better than Direct, but I will have to try the 50:50 poo & con together...I can imagine the possibilities... :lol:

Heyyy! Carlita in the hizzhouse! :look: lol

interesting info, ms DivineI... i've very interested in Giovanni. I restocked on the Direct leave-in. I love it! it's my only current leave-in at the moment. I've been thinking about the shampoos too, for when my Nexxus runs out.

my hair was SO dry these past few days and i FINALLY washed today, with Therappe. Don't know why, but it didnt perform as well as it usually does. I did two lathers, instead of one, and my hair ended up feeling a little stripped. Maybe it was b/c my hair was already really really dry. but i didnt feel like doing a hot oil. Bad, bad me.

I used the J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp Conditioner... wow :love: me likey! great slip, even though, like i said, my hair was feeling dry. the sea kelp conditioner is very thick. I like that.

So hm yeah, Giovanni 50:50 shampoo will be what I buy when my Therappe runs out.
Divine, did you decide which protein conditioner u're going to use? I think i'll get either the NutraFix (Giovanni) or Aubrey Organics GPB.
What about clarifying shampoos??? my Suave daily clarifying is running out, and nothing is making me wanna run out and get some more :ohwell:

CarLiTa said:
I used the J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp Conditioner... wow :love: me likey! great slip, even though, like i said, my hair was feeling dry. the sea kelp conditioner is very thick. I like that.

So hm yeah, Giovanni 50:50 shampoo will be what I buy when my Therappe runs out.
Divine, did you decide which protein conditioner u're going to use? I think i'll get either the NutraFix (Giovanni) or Aubrey Organics GPB.
What about clarifying shampoos??? my Suave daily clarifying is running out, and nothing is making me wanna run out and get some more :ohwell:

Girl I told you that Sea Kelp con was no joke! I'm deep conditioning with it as I type.:D

I'm going to use Aubrey's GPB or Giovanni's Nutrafix. I like GPB, but I want to try Nutrafix out of curiosity. Besides, if I don't like it, I can return it to WFM and get another bottle of GPB.

As far as a clarifying poo, I'm going to use Giovanni's Tea Tree Triple Treat poo.

I want to experiment with some Earth Science products too, but I've basically got my regimen in order so I'll just be trying other stuff to see if it's better than what I'm already using.

Back