Review: Chagrin Valley Shampoo & Soap Bars.

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Hey Ladies, I've seen a couple of threads and polls about this and I decided I'd do a personal review since I've used all the ones I currently own. I ordered sample bars before ordering full ones for most of these. I'm relaxed and I always do an ACV rinse after using the shampoo & soap bars. I will continue to use these and I'll never go back to commercial shampoo, soap or hair conditioner, EVER! LOVE IT...So here goes:

Shampoo Bars:

Nettle:
My personal love of all the shampoo bars, although I love them all :grin:. This lathers wonderfully, moisturizes my hair while gently cleansing it so well to the point where I don't even have to use conditioner if I choose not to. Its easy to use, I just rub it in my palms and then rub directly on my hair. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this, I order two at a time because I never, never, NEVER want to run out because it goes out of stock FAST. Will continue to use until Ida stops making them, which I really hope will be never. :sad:

Mud & Clay:
Love this! Its a treat for my hair, lathers well and leaves it fluffy, silky and soft & my hair is clean. Don't really have to use conditioner either! I also adore the smell. I will continue to use this FOREVER!!! She has a good customer in me! :lol:

Babassu & Marshmallow:
My other favorite ( I know, I need to pick one). It lathers well, leaves my hair silky and when I tell you that I have coarse hair, its extremely coarse, thick and dense and my hair feels soft and fluffy & clean after the use of this. LUVS IT! Will reorder continuously!

Chamomile & Citrus: This leaves my hair squeaky clean, and lathers up well. The other bars leave my hair clean but well I want a squeaky feel I turn to this trusty bar. LOVE IT, Clean but still moisturized. Will use forever also! :lol:

Soap Bars:

Avocado Oats & Shea: Love it as a conditoner for my hair, it leaves it silky smooth and moisturized and I love the smell...I will never use commercial conditioner as long as I have this...I'm a fan for life. LUVS IT!

Honey Butter: Sooooo good and moisturizing, my hair feels silky and smooth after each use, This combined with any of my shampoo bars equals wonderful, fluffy and sweet smelling hair. LUVS IT! Will continue to use!

Sea Salt & Seaweed Spa: Use this for my skin, it leaves my skin soft and smooth and very moisturized. It also makes it shine, LOVE IT! I follow up with pure cocoa butter. LOVE IT! Will never stop using, Its a bit more expensive (About a dollar and 15 cents I think) then the other soaps but its worth it because of the benefit and ingredients! LOVE IT! My skin will enjoy this forever!

Overall Ladies let me just tell you that I have found my staples for my hair and skin! For the worth these bars are incredibly cheap! Check em out, she provides the ingredients and everything! Wonderful and all natural, my hair and skin have never been healthier. LOVE Chagrin Valley Soap And Crafts!!!

Site: http://chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/index.html

HTH & HHG!!!

Wow! Thanks for the review! I have been wanting to try this line...

You're most welcome! Please, TRY IT! Its not as expensive so if you don't like it you won't be hurt that much, its wonderful and natural AND affordable! Lol, I'm their advocate, during your first about 5 uses, you should always do an ACV rinse after so the hair can return to its softness, this will wear off the more you use it, it happens because it contains no sulfates or detergents that commercial shampoos have and it takes longer to rinse. LOVES IT! So healthy for my hair.

Thanks for the review J'adore. I've been looking at the CV poo bars and soap for a couple of years trying to make up my mind. I always read anything that is posted about them. I'm currently a strictly no-poo'er, but if I do decide to go back to poo, I'm certain it will be either poo bars or AO shampoo.

Thanks for the review J'adore. I've been looking at the CV poo bars and soap for a couple of years trying to make up my mind. I always read anything that is posted about them. I'm currently a strictly no-poo'er, but if I do decide to go back to poo, I'm certain it will be either poo bars or AO shampoo.

You're Welcome. Yea, I was sick and tired of shampoos and my hair being dry, but this was the perfect solution, my hair is clean but still very soft and moisturized. So if that's what you're looking for, definitely order a sample bar.

Last edited:
I tried the honey butter but I didnt do a vinegar rinse and I didnt like the results. I will revisit the soap bars and do a vinegar rinse this time

I tried the honey butter but I didnt do a vinegar rinse and I didnt like the results. I will revisit the soap bars and do a vinegar rinse this time

Yea, you definitely have to do a vinegar or ACV rinse, or you won't like the results. I had to use it 6 times before I could finally just use it without the rinse, I still do the rinse, but just because I like it.

I hated the honey butter, like the rosemary and loved the nettle shampoo bar, loved, loved loved it!

Are you doing the ACV rinses after the shampoo bar and then following up with a soap bar or are you doing both the shampoo bar and soap bar and then doing the ACV rinse?

Yea, you definitely have to do a vinegar or ACV rinse, or you won't like the results. I had to use it 6 times before I could finally just use it without the rinse, I still do the rinse, but just because I like it.

Confused. Everytime you wash you have to do a acv rinse with it? Isn't that like clarifying everytime? Also in what order do you do it: acv, bar, conditioner? Or how exactly do you go about doing it? Very interested. Thanks.

Confused. Everytime you wash you have to do a acv rinse with it? Isn't that like clarifying everytime? Also in what order do you do it: acv, bar, conditioner? Or how exactly do you go about doing it? Very interested. Thanks.

You only have to do it the first few times, and I thought just like you but surprisingly my hair was extremely moisturized. I wash with the bar, apply the soap bar and then apply the ACV and then sometimes I do another condition.

You're Welcome. Yea, I was sick and tired of shampoos and my hair being dry, but this was the perfect solution, my hair is clean but still very soft and moisturized. So if that's what you're looking for, definitely order a sample bar.

Thanks, I will certainly keep that in mind.:yep:

I just had a look on the Chagrin Valley website, it looks interesting especially the Ayurvedic Herb Shampoo Bar due for release on 24th of October :scratchch think I may give this a try :grin:

Here is the information below ladies, I've also included a link;

Ayurvedic Herb Shampoo Bar
We begin with a thick, rich oil infusion of Ayurvedic hair care herbs. Then we add even more of the powdered herbs directly to the shampoo bar batter, creating a nourishing hair care product. Shikakai, referred to as the “fruit for the hair,” gently cleans hair and increases bounciness and silkiness. Bhringraj, considered the "king of herbs" for hair growth, adds deep moisture and acts like a multivitamin for hair to help strengthen the hair shaft. Amla, an excellent hair conditioning herb, provides nourishment to the scalp to promote stronger, healthier new growth. The flowers and leaves of Hibiscus flowers help in the treatment of dandruff and hair loss. To read more about each of the Ayurvedic hair care herbs used, please see the individual listings on our “Natural Additives” ingredients page. We have also added other ayurveda ingredients that are beneficial to hair. Coconut milk, widely used in India as a deep conditioning treatment for hair, imparts silkiness and shine to hair. Mango butter replaces moisture, adds softness, elasticity and shine to your hair. The warm sensuous essential oil blend compliments the rich fragrance of the infused ayurvedic herbs.

Ingredients: Saponified oils of olive and rice bran (infused with Ayurvedic herbs Bhringraj, shikakai, hibiscus flowers, amla, tusli, methi (fenugreek), jasmine flowers, yashtimadhu, and neem), coconut, jojoba, castor bean, mango butter, neem oil, and babassu; organic coconut milk; aritha infused filtered rainwater; organic aloe vera; powdered bhringraj, shikakai, and amla; essential oils of tulsi, cypress, juniper berry, lavender, lemon, orange, and black pepper; rosemary oil extract.

Ready to use October 31, 2009
Can be ordered and shipped October 24th!

http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/shambar.htm

Last edited:
I just had a look on the Chagrin Valley website, it looks interesting especially the Ayurvedic Herb Shampoo Bar due for release on 24th of October :scratchch think I may give this a try :grin:

Here is the information below ladies, I've also included a link;

Ayurvedic Herb Shampoo Bar
We begin with a thick, rich oil infusion of Ayurvedic hair care herbs. Then we add even more of the powdered herbs directly to the shampoo bar batter, creating a nourishing hair care product. Shikakai, referred to as the “fruit for the hair,” gently cleans hair and increases bounciness and silkiness. Bhringraj, considered the "king of herbs" for hair growth, adds deep moisture and acts like a multivitamin for hair to help strengthen the hair shaft. Amla, an excellent hair conditioning herb, provides nourishment to the scalp to promote stronger, healthier new growth. The flowers and leaves of Hibiscus flowers help in the treatment of dandruff and hair loss. To read more about each of the Ayurvedic hair care herbs used, please see the individual listings on our “Natural Additives” ingredients page. We have also added other ayurveda ingredients that are beneficial to hair. Coconut milk, widely used in India as a deep conditioning treatment for hair, imparts silkiness and shine to hair. Mango butter replaces moisture, adds softness, elasticity and shine to your hair. The warm sensuous essential oil blend compliments the rich fragrance of the infused ayurvedic herbs.

Ingredients: Saponified oils of olive and rice bran (infused with Ayurvedic herbs Bhringraj, shikakai, hibiscus flowers, amla, tusli, methi (fenugreek), jasmine flowers, yashtimadhu, and neem), coconut, jojoba, castor bean, mango butter, neem oil, and babassu; organic coconut milk; aritha infused filtered rainwater; organic aloe vera; powdered bhringraj, shikakai, and amla; essential oils of tulsi, cypress, juniper berry, lavender, lemon, orange, and black pepper; rosemary oil extract.

Ready to use October 31, 2009
Can be ordered and shipped October 24th!

http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/shambar.htm

I want to order this so bad but I'm waiting for the Aloe soap to come back in stock. I want to try these two together on my hair.

I hope someone will post a review of the Ayurvedic shampoo bar.

The ACV is also a "hard water" issue. Some people will get a waxy film, and some won't depending on your water. I ACV rinse after every wash anyway, but not after I condition. I love CV bars - great for your face too.

^^ I'm relaxed I tried like 10 of them; I hated all of them...my hair was stiff & coated. I really wanted to like these bars so kept trying them, my hair just doesn't like them :nono:

^^ I'm relaxed I tried like 10 of them; I hated all of them...my hair was stiff & coated. I really wanted to like these bars so kept trying them, my hair just doesn't like them :nono:

I had the same experience when I used them last year. It was a nightmare! I have 2 bars still that I never used. I don't know why I haven't thrown them away; I'll never use them on my hair again!

I had the same experience when I used them last year. It was a nightmare! I have 2 bars still that I never used. I don't know why I haven't thrown them away; I'll never use them on my hair again!

I have a few bars left too...I just use them as body soap because I don't want to waste them

Back