Reversing a protien treatment

LexiDior

Is there anyway to reverse a protein treatment?? This morning i did an aphogee protein treatment and my hair is shedding. Also I forgot my hair is dyed and i forgot this because the color did not take. After following the steps my hair felt dry so i moisturized with jojoba oil, organix anti breakge and castor oil.
Now its night and my hair still sheds when i tough it.

You need to do a moisturizing dc to restore your balance.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

LexiDior said:
Is there anyway to reverse a protein treatment?? This morning i did an aphogee protein treatment and my hair is shedding. Also I forgot my hair is dyed and i forgot this because the color did not take. After following the steps my hair felt dry so i moisturized with jojoba oil, organix anti breakge and castor oil.
Now its night and my hair still sheds when i tough it.

What moisturizing conditioners do you have on hand? You need to use your most moisturizing DC ASAP

I use ORS conditioner for DCing and that is a mild protein so i dont want to over do it and cause a problem.

LexiDior said:
I use ORS conditioner for DCing and that is a mild protein so i dont want to over do it and cause a problem.

No more protein!!!!!!!!! You need to use something made strictly for moisture even if it's a cheapie like aussie 3 minute miracle. Another good one is loreal nature's therapy moisturizing dc.

Eta the balancing moisturizer isn't moisturizing enough to me.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

Overnight moisture DC should have you right back. I'd also do a AVJ rinse before you DC, to help halt the shedding.

i used the balancing moisturizer after the treatment so i did that part right and my hair felt dry. So the aussie and loreal will do ok on color treated hair??

You can use Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment or anything that says moisturizing and add AVJ, castor oil or olive oil.

Thanks everyone for the responses!! ill try some of these tips on my hair. hopefully some of these things work.

irisak is spot on. Try adding 1 teaspoon salt to your moisture treatment to try and break down the protein and soften your hair - but don't leave it in your hair too long bc too much will tip the balance!

Black tea rinses will help with the shedding.

I agree with all posts encouraging a moisturizing dc.

Im not even sure why aphogee markets that balancing moisturizer with the protein treatment. It definitely is not moisturizing enough.

I am relaxed and colored and when I do the protein I deep condition afterwards and I never used the balancing thing that comes with it and thank god I didn't and I was going to get it because I thought it would be great. And I haven't had any set backs so dc after every protein treatment with a moisturizing one

I agree with all posts encouraging a moisturizing dc.

Im not even sure why aphogee markets that balancing moisturizer with the protein treatment. It definitely is not moisturizing enough.

co-sign. the balancing moisturizer they sell with the aphoghee is the worst on my hair. i don't even buy the kit anymore, just a big bottle of aphoghee.

try the thickest creamiest moisturizing condish you can get your hands on and put on a heat cap for an hour. i'm not a fan of overnight condish, but if you have left condish on before overnight with no problems, then go for it.

personally i wouldn't do any tea rinses or anything like that because the moisture balance, once corrected, should stop the shedding.

if you still have shedding after you soak your hair in moisture, then i would maybe try a rinse or something. but tea makes your hair strong and your hair is already fortified with the protein, so your hair is strong. it's need to be softened. ACV rinse would be ok after the conditioner treatment because ACV softens the hair and seals the cuticle.......just my opinion

Back