Returning To Products From The Relaxed Days

HisBestFriend

I've been natural for two years and I was desperately seeking something....anything to get my hair to stop breaking when ever I combed it, brushed it, looked at it. I tried all of the Shea Moisture this and the specifically for natural hair that to no avail. I decided that if I was going to figure out what I needed I should do two things 1) start wearing my own hair - no wigs, no crotchets, just me and 2) find the right products.

Because I'm cheap the first products I tried were the ones that I already had and I remembered made my hair soft while I was relaxed. I used Infusium, 23, the Sally's version of Paul Mitchell The Conditioner, Castor Oil, and It's a 10 spray. The very next wash day I darn near cried real tears because I had significantly less breakage. I'm well into week three and still happy with my hair and the fact that I have darn near no breakage. I wear my hair in twist updo styles.

Has anyone else had success in returning to products from their relaxed days?

I agree with @southerncitygirl you have to do what works for you. I gave away my paul Mitchell shampoo one because it was a tad drying but I did love it. Nexxus therappe is still an HG but they reformulated so much I gave up on them. My HG clarifier is Redken. I stick to handmade stuff mostly due to quality, but you will find some drugstore and salon brand stuff in my stash at all times.

I've been natural for two years and I was desperately seeking something....anything to get my hair to stop breaking when ever I combed it, brushed it, looked at it. I tried all of the Shea Moisture this and the specifically for natural hair that to no avail. I decided that if I was going to figure out what I needed I should do two things 1) start wearing my own hair - no wigs, no crotchets, just me and 2) find the right products.

Because I'm cheap the first products I tried were the ones that I already had and I remembered made my hair soft while I was relaxed. I used Infusium, 23, the Sally's version of Paul Mitchell The Conditioner, Castor Oil, and It's a 10 spray. The very next wash day I darn near cried real tears because I had significantly less breakage. I'm well into week three and still happy with my hair and the fact that I have darn near no breakage. I wear my hair in twist updo styles.

Has anyone else had success in returning to products from their relaxed days?
A lot of the natural products didn't really help me, or give me the slip I truly needed.

I have! I went back to using my CHI products on my natural hair, and I couldn't be happier! All the shea butter in the world doesn't work as well as chi silk infusion on my hair. I wish I would have figured that out sooner!

You know I was thinking about this product the other day. I still have some in the linen closet, I may have to take it back out,

Back