Results with High Protein Diets (Poll)??

Have you tried a High Protein Diet for Faster Hair Growth?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay I know that I don't takein sufficient protein for my body weight and lifestyle so I am going to increase my protein intake this month for better health and for hair growth. I'll see how it goes by the end of the year.

I like Jay Robb Whey or Egg protein shakes. 25 grams of protein

Agreed- egg protein shakes are the best! I call them egg-tein smoothies. My SO and I make them everyday with Healthy N Fit powder from iherb.com. I add mango and soy milk to the vanilla powder.

Protein does make your hair grow faster, this I know, but I'd like to find a way to get more protein in 1 serving...maybe like 50 grams?..does anyone know?

Protein does make your hair grow faster, this I know, but I'd like to find a way to get more protein in 1 serving...maybe like 50 grams?..does anyone know?

2 words - Protein shakes. That's what I use but I work out too.

Hi Reecie, A
After reading this thread, I decided to add more protein to my diet. I'm adding the Jay Robb mix to the WL cocktail. So that's probably a total of 31g. Additionally, I'm eating 3 boiled eggs most days for lunch, and I have fish a few times a week for dinner. I'm also doing a straight egg treatment on my hair every Friday.

I haven't noticed any increased growth, but my hair definitely seems to break less, and it seems thicker.

You guys are about to make me go against my kidney doctors orders on a low protein diet!! S**t:lachen:

:nono: PLEASE DONT DO IT. If your nephrologist suggested a low protein diet, i'm assuming you're having some problems with your kidney's. protein makes the kidneys work harder, and can lead to worsening kidney function (possibly renal failure). but, you might've just been joking.

hmm, the whey protein shake's sound like a good idea. i tried chlorella, but after a few months, my detox symptoms made me stop. i woke up at 2am, vomitting all night (violently). everything was going well, no symptoms, just woke up one night, with a stomach ache, and nauseated feeling. i'm too scared to try it again. so, i think i'll try the whey protein with some soy milk. i'm hoping it doesnt taste too bad.

what are the better tasting brands or flavors?

hmm, the whey protein shake's sound like a good idea. i tried chlorella, but after a few months, my detox symptoms made me stop. i woke up at 2am, vomitting all night (violently). everything was going well, no symptoms, just woke up one night, with a stomach ache, and nauseated feeling. i'm too scared to try it again. so, i think i'll try the whey protein with some soy milk. i'm hoping it doesnt taste too bad.

what are the better tasting brands or flavors?

I like the vanilla flavor by Optimum Nutrition. I mix mine with fruit yogurt and a little low-fat (1%) milk and ground flaxseed meal in a shaker bottle and drink it right away. It looks and tastes like a smoothie almost and it's awesome this way for me:lick::yep:.

If you are a meat eater you can eat a steak or chicken breast. Depending on the ounce, you can get close to 50 grams of protein. A good size piece of salmon as well...2 scoops of certain protein mixes can give you 45 or 50 grams too.

If you are a meat eater you can eat a steak or chicken breast. Depending on the ounce, you can get close to 50 grams of protein. A good size piece of salmon as well...2 scoops of certain protein mixes can give you 45 or 50 grams too.

I'd be careful with eating too much meat as they do also come with a hefty fat content as well. Just a note of caution.

Currently semi-following the ImpatientDieters (YouTube) Liquid diet routine. 7 protein shakes and 2 (250 cal) meals per day. It's hard as heck to get in 7 shakes and work for a living. I'm up to 4 a day with 7 oz water and 1 oz soy milk for 26 gm per shake.

Currently semi-following the ImpatientDieters (YouTube) Liquid diet routine. 7 protein shakes and 2 (250 cal) meals per day. It's hard as heck to get in 7 shakes and work for a living. I'm up to 4 a day with 7 oz water and 1 oz soy milk for 26 gm per shake.

Hmmm, I might look into this one for sure. I love protein shakes so this might be quite suitable for me.

well, i just went to the vitamin shoppe, and got some whey protein powder, but the kind with a low calorie/fat content. i'll probably make a shake tonight or tomorrow am. the guy said the better tasting ones were the ones that were for weight lifts, and had 300cal/serving, sort of like meal replacement shakes for weight gain. but i definently am not trying to pack on any extra pounds. so, hopefully i'll have some feedback to add in a few months.

I compete so I significantly increase my protein in the weeks prior to my show. I have no pictures of my hair growth, because at the time, I was not concerned with my hair. However, yes, my hair grew a lot faster, to the point that I was annoyed because I had to keep redoing my braids because they grew out so fast. My growth is usually about 1/2 inch a month, and when I am pre-contest, my hair grows at least 3/4 inch a month. I start dieting in about a month, so I'll take some pictures for you. There is an egg-shake drinking challenge led by BronzeBombshell, and I think some of those ladies have taken pictures to document their growth.

Dang it....forget the hair results....your BACK muscles are off the chain! Looking good, I want MY back to look like that.....

Back on topic....congrats on the hair growth everyone, gr8 way to keep us motivated!

(running off to plot my next gym routine.....)

well, i just went to the vitamin shoppe, and got some whey protein powder, but the kind with a low calorie/fat content. i'll probably make a shake tonight or tomorrow am. the guy said the better tasting ones were the ones that were for weight lifts, and had 300cal/serving, sort of like meal replacement shakes for weight gain. but i definently am not trying to pack on any extra pounds. so, hopefully i'll have some feedback to add in a few months.

GC, for taste, I add my protein shake powder to some low-fat fruit yogurt and 1% low-fat or skim milk in a shaker bottle, mix well and drink like a smoothie. It tastes awesome this way:lick:. But make sure to get a flavor that can be mixed with fruits and still taste good if you decide to try it.

I'm done with the protein diet. I went for my physical and my cholesterol was back up. I've had it under control for years until I went on a high protein diet for hair growth.

Just some advice to anyone trying this. The body can only digest about 40g of protein at a time, so if you consume much more than this the excess will just be wasted.

Also, on a high protein diet it is absolutely imperative that you drink more water. That means more than the recommended 2 litres/8 glasses a day otherwise you will run into problems.

Me too :yep:. Jay Robb shake are the bomb. Add milk (8g) and you have 33g of protein with just one shake. By the way, his shakes are healthy with no fat or artificial sugars which make it even better :grin:.

I like Jay Robb Whey or Egg protein shakes. 25 grams of protein

Back