Results of pin curls and instructions (PICTURES)

Me either:ohwell::ohwell:.

But it sure is lovely sleek!

Maybe this can help others, but I did notice that my curls come out better if my hair isn't weighed down. If I have too many heavy products in my hair or using a shampoo that doesn't remove my gunk from day prior the curls drop or don't hold.
Those curls were done days after a tight rollerset with a small amount of product so the hair was straight/bouncy and held the curls well.

How are you actually starting the loop, thats the hardest part for me. I may try using an actual roller and then removing before I pin it to my head.

How are you actually starting the loop, thats the hardest part for me. I may try using an actual roller and then removing before I pin it to my head.

I'll see if I can take live video and upload it, but here's a basic summary.

- Hold the end of a section of hair between your thumb and forefinger (of one hand)
- Take your other hand and place your forefinger an inch above where your other hand is holding the end
- Bring the fingers holding the ends upward and create a loop, as you bring it up slide out your thumb and simply use the tautness of the two forefingers (in opposing directions) to keep rolling the hair upwards. Taking turns placing one forefinger above the other until it's complete.

that's how i do my hair when i'm wearing it straight as well. i saw one of the dominican stylists at my salon doing it to her own hair actually

[size=+1] Very pretty......thanks for sharing.
I'm definitely going to give this a try whenever I straighten my hair again.
[/size]

the word for them in spanish is Anchoitas (meaning anchovies) hehehe

now you can ask for it by name :grin:

Sleekandbouncy your hair is fierce!

HTH!!

Last edited:
Did anyone try this and have successful results? How long did you keep the pincurls in before taking them down? TIA :yawn:

Beautiful. Thanks for the pics. I've been doing the flat style, but with ng always end up with the top of my head poofy, so I'll be duplicating your parting.

:sigh: that make me want to relax my hair straighter.

Just beautiful! :)
You can do these too DSylla with your beautiful thick hair. :yep:

I love wearing pin curl styles like this. I use the Good Hair Days pins as I make the flat curls for overnight.

Did anyone try this and have successful results? How long did you keep the pincurls in before taking them down? TIA :yawn:

I left them in overnight.
If I pincurl them standing up (as if there were an invisible roller in place) before I step into the shower in the morning, the results would be to add slight waves and to define any layers in my hair.

Back