Replacement to Aveda Elixir - Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair

natieya

Hi guys! Have you heard that Aveda has come out with a replacement to our beloved Elixir leave-on conditioner? It's called Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair. I got a postcard to try a free sample of it. I hope it works well. I love the Damage Remedy treatment.

Here's some more info about the product:

http://www.aveda.com/docs/NR-DamageRemedyDailyHairRepairLaunch2010.pdf

http://www.aveda.com/product/CATEGORY10597/PROD16110/Collections/Damage_Remedy/index.tmpl

Let me know what you think! :)

I'll be sure to update with a review once I've had the opportunity to try the product.

Me! Me! I'm interested!! :D :lachen:

So... are you natural, texlaxed, or relaxed? What's your hair type?

I'll curious to hear your review.

I'm natural, but I've BKT'ed. I haven't used my sample yet. I will soon. Has anyone tried it yet? :)

Glad you started this thread. I saw this yesterday at the Aveda store in the mall except it was the DAMAGE REMEDY INTENSIVE TREATMENT 16 OZ. I was looking for a new DC and wanted to try it. That thing was $68 though and I'd only get 3, maybe 4 uses out of it so I have to think about it a little before I buy.

I wouldn't mind hearing more about this as well. So far I've tried the Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer and Redken Anti-Snap as protein leave-ins, but I've heard nothing but good things about the Aveda line.

Any reviews?

i used the sample and loved it. i was using it as a night time moisturizer on damp hair though. i would repurchase it.

Glad you started this thread. I saw this yesterday at the Aveda store in the mall except it was the DAMAGE REMEDY INTENSIVE TREATMENT 16 OZ. I was looking for a new DC and wanted to try it. That thing was $68 though and I'd only get 3, maybe 4 uses out of it so I have to think about it a little before I buy.

I know right, I sure hope this line is worth it cause it's pricey.

I got a sample of this stuff a while ago and use it for a couple days.
It felt good upon application,but my hair would eventually feel dry. I didn't like it and didn't purchase it.

I'm a natural 4a/b.

how long is your hair? i have the 16oz of the treatment and it has lasted me a long while. i only use it once maybe twice a week and by it having good slip a little goes a long way.

I ot this a few weeks ago during double points. I like it. It is lite. You could use this and nothing else for your blow dry. It also is a heat protectant and it helps to detangle (which I need). You only need a little (like all aveda products). Get the sample first if you are unsure.

how long is your hair? i have the 16oz of the treatment and it has lasted me a long while. i only use it once maybe twice a week and by it having good slip a little goes a long way.

I'm an EXTREMELY thick mostly 4a waist length. I usually buy everything in 4's or 5's.

I just got back from the Aveda store and the salesperson said that the intensive restructuring treatment is a good mix of protein and moisture. She did not think I'd have any problems (i.e. excess protein) if I used it as a DC weekly. Is this what you are using twice a week without problems?

Back