Remember This Natural Hair Straightening Vid

naturalpride

Before I ordered the Babyliss PRO TT Tourmaline 5000 Hot Air Brush And Flat Iron Gift Set I watched this video that was placed on the site a year or so ago. It's the lady who blow drys and flat irons her daughters hair. Take a look:)
http://www.vimeo.com/251682

It was cool to see, but I wasn't really impressed...
the little girl's hair looked weighed down and heat damaged...
not bouncy at all...
plus brush and hair dryer and then flat iron...
not feeling it at all.

I have also. I was initially looking for one that spins (like some they have in Sally's)- but the bristles on those things could slice pizza- I knew I was putting it anywhere near my hair.

Thanks for posting this!! It's on my purchase list now!

The only thing is that If you do plan to flat iron for curls, I'm thinking the whole process would take a little longer than normal since you have to blowdry in small sections. Other than that, the results are undeniable.

Has anyone who has one actually used it yet? How do your results compare to when you get your hair blowdried at the salon (i.e- does it come out as soft and fluffy?)

I'm really interested to know b/c the key to a good flat iron lies in that blowdry!

not bouncy at all...
not feeling it at all.
Yeah,it looks very stiff.

not bouncy at all...
not feeling it at all.

Do you think it was more because of the products her mom used or the actual blowdry brush?

I get my hair blowdried and flat ironed when I get it done- after a blowdry its very light, bouncy, soft and fluffy- damage with this hasn't been an issue. I'm thinking maybe some of those products made her hair have that "1980's 1990s grease press" we all used to get when we were young.

I have a feeling that the girls hair was stiff cause her mom put that pomade on it....maybe if u just blowdried it and flat ironed ony the roots (if neccessary) then it would be bouncier

not bouncy at all...
not feeling it at all.

Thanks for your review, but I liked the technique and I did not notice any heat damage on her hair. Her hair did look weighed down with product, but it looked nice for a little girl:)

Her hair didn't look damaged at all to me but I agree that it did look weighed down from all that product.

I recently found out that the hot air brush has since been discounted, but I managed to find one online and it will arrive within a couple of days. I will post pics of the end result:)

My blow dryer and flat iron, like in the video arrived on Monday and I used the blow brush and then the flat iron on a small section of my hair. Ohhh.....my hair was so soft and shiny almost like when I was relaxed, which was the last time I have seen my hair nice, shiny and bouncy like that. I have two strand twist in right now, but when I straighten my hair I will post pics; I have mostly 4a hair and some 3c.

Last edited:
Do you think it was more because of the products her mom used or the actual blowdry brush?

I get my hair blowdried and flat ironed when I get it done- after a blowdry its very light, bouncy, soft and fluffy- damage with this hasn't been an issue. I'm thinking maybe some of those products made her hair have that "1980's 1990s grease press" we all used to get when we were young.
im pretty sure it was the products. if you look at her hair while blow drying and then the finish result, you can tell that dixie peach was added again before the flat ironing process. you can tell by the shine. also if you get good at it im sure you wont need the flat iron because you can just blow/brush a curl.

Originally Posted by SouthernTease
not bouncy at all...
not feeling it at all.

I have to agree. That brush was not designed with our hair texture in mind. Heat + stiff bristol brush + lot of manipulation = quite a bit of damage to our fragile-prone hair. It's chipping away at the cuticle.
Ladies please be careful if you use it on your hair.

Last edited:
I think her hair looked like it had to many products in it,
as u look closer she has dandruff but the brush looks cool i pass.:ohwell:

Back