Relaxing Tomorrow..Having a MAJOR Issue!

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I clarified my hair, did a protein treatment (Aphogee) and a DC a few days ago. Since then, I haven't put any products in my hair, just Lacio Lacio. My new growth is now tingled and very difficult to deal with. I'm getting a relaxer at the salon tomorrow so I was trying not to mess with my hair to much. Is there something I can do without jeapordizing my relaxer results to make my ng a littler more manageable?:rolleyes:

Can you cancel your relaxer tomorrow and take your time to detangle your hair, specially your roots? Honestly, I dont see any other options.

Are you relaxed bone straight? If not than you could use a little conditioner to detangle your new growth. Maybe try some diluted conditioner, spray it on your roots and clear them out. Just don't use too much.

I don't understand when you say detangle your roots. Is is matted? If its matted, you definitely need to address it. You don't want to untangle your hair while you have a product on it chemically altering the structure (relaxing it). It could result in major breakage.

What type of relaxer do you use at the salon? Also, what did you DC with?

I would detangle and still get the relaxer tomorrow. My stylist removes my sew-in detangles and relaxes in one appointment. I know this is not the generally accepted LHCF practice, but it works for me with no problems.

I would wash my hair again and deep condition it with a moisturizing conditioner. I would suggest cancelling the hair appointment this week and going next week. Don't risk burning your scalp for something like this...just be patient. Just my opinion. :ohwell:

I don't understand when you say detangle your roots. Is is matted? If its matted, you definitely need to address it. You don't want to untangle your hair while you have a product on it chemically altering the structure (relaxing it). It could result in major breakage.

What type of relaxer do you use at the salon? Also, what did you DC with?

After clarifying and DC'ing (I use Silk Elements Olive Oil Moistorizer DC). My hair tangled over night. I wouldn't try to untangle while the product is in my hair, that's why I'm trying to figure out what I can do today before the appointment.

I would detangle and still get the relaxer tomorrow. My stylist removes my sew-in detangles and relaxes in one appointment. I know this is not the generally accepted LHCF practice, but it works for me with no problems.

I might have to try this and just hope that my hair has no problems like yours. I have a big function to go to tomorrow night so might have to just try it.

The reason I asked how you relax is because -

If do NOT relax bone straight - detangle w/ a moisturizing conditioner, and let it dry untangled. If that makes sense. Gently finger comb through the tangles, then comb all straight back and bun it until tomorrow. Don't rinse out the conditioner, don't open up scalp pores before chemical application. Let it air dry - then let the relaxer eat through the conditioner and keep your appointment this weekend.

If you relax bone straight, and your hair is MATTED (vs. just a bit tangled) - I would agree w/ Lana's recommendation. You should probably take the time to address the matting, to include DCing w/ moisture, and move the appt. to next week.

Good luck.

There are some chances you'll be doing fine tomorrow...But...there are also some real risks that your hair may not make it through... It is up to you to decide... I just dont want you to come back next week with another "I am about to put a stylist on blast!" thread... Because sometimes... :/ Good luck...

Last edited:
There are some chances you'll be doing fine tomorrow...But...there are also some real risks that your hair may not make it through... It is up to you to decide... I just dont wont you to come back next week with another "I am about to put a stylist on blast!" thread... Because sometimes... :/ Good luck...

lol...I feel you..I'll decide whether I'm going or not tonight:rolleyes:. I'll see if I'm able to get the tangles out. If not, then I'll just wait till next weekend and keep my lacefront on for the event.:ohwell: Thanks so much.

The reason I asked how you relax is because -

If do NOT relax bone straight - detangle w/ a moisturizing conditioner, and let it dry untangled. If that makes sense. Gently finger comb through the tangles, then comb all straight back and bun it until tomorrow. Don't rinse out the conditioner, don't open up scalp pores before chemical application. Let it air dry - then let the relaxer eat through the conditioner and keep your appointment this weekend.

If you relax bone straight, and your hair is MATTED (vs. just a bit tangled) - I would agree w/ Lana's recommendation. You should probably take the time to address the matting, to include DCing w/ moisture, and move the appt. to next week.

Good luck.

I usually relax bone straight. I'm going to try to get the tangles out. Thanks for all of your useful information:yep:

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner cuts through new growth like Moses 'nem cut through the Red Sea. :yep:

I say rewash, use the Giovanni (make sure you get it on the NG), and base your scalp really well or reschedule.

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner cuts through new growth like Moses 'nem cut through the Red Sea. :yep:

I say rewash, use the Giovanni (make sure you get it on the NG), and base your scalp really well or reschedule.

I'll have to pick some up after work. Thx for giving me the name of a product to try to get this ng under control:grin:

Massage a bunch of castor oil into your scalp and apply it to the ng as well. You won't have to worry about burning because it's oil (no water content) and it will also lubricate your strands to make detangling easier. Gently pull apart your ng with your fingers, bit by bit until all of the mats and tangles are out

Last edited:
Massage a bunch of castor oil into your scalp and apply it to the ng as well. You won't have to worry about burning because it's oil (no water content) and it will also lubricate your strands to make detangling easier. Gently pull apart your ng with your fingers, bit by bit until all of the mats and tangles are out

Thanks Tiffers! I'm actually doing what you said above now. Do you think the castor oil will effect how my relaxer comes out tomorrow?:perplexed

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave in i amazing for new growth. I add it just before i self relax...

Back