Relaxing next week ...help me decide

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,

I know I've been missing in action lately (I didn't realize I owed money on my account, anyway I've taken care of that now) and I'm back.

In the meantime I have kept up with the April Fool's Challenge (can't even believe I made it), and I'm now planning to relax next week.

The last time I relaxed I relaxed maybe 50-60% so there was a lot of kink left in my hair. The reason I did this was to maintain more body in my hair. I'm not sure I want to continue with this partial relaxer because I like to have my hair straight, and it's difficult when you work out 4-5 days a week).

Anyway now I have to decide between relaxing roots like I normally would or continue with the 50-60% relaxing. I'm not sure what I should do.

Please help...feel free to check out my album so you can see what my hair generally looks like.

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks Gorgeous,

That was my plan when I went to get my relaxer, however I forced the hairdresser to use Affirm Mild, I guess it was a little too mild for my texture and what I wanted to achieve. I think I'm going back to Affirm Regular.

If you do relax 80-85%, you can always have them correct the other area that's 50-60% so that the two textures can match. That way you don't end up w/two different texture's, HTH's

BeautifulWideEyes said:
If you do relax 80-85%, you can always have them correct the other area that's 50-60% so that the two textures can match. That way you don't end up w/two different texture's, HTH's

Thanks BeautifulWideEyes,

That's my plan, I hope the dominican lady that's going to do my hair will be able to understand that. I'm sure she will, she has done my friends hair for the last 6 years or so, and her hair has been brastrap length for years now, it only got there after starting to see this lady in the Bronx.

I agree with Beautiful Wide Eyes. I'm getting my relaxer next week, and I too had underprocessed hair. She is going to have to do a corrective relaxer on the underprocessed parts.

Back