relaxing for the first time.

AfroKink

...no it's not me:look:

My best friend has been natural for all her life and presses her hair regularly. She's decided she wants to get a relaxer because she wants it permanently straight and she hates when it reverts. I tried to talk her out of a relaxer and into something like Sabino moisture block but she's made up her mind.

She doesn't have a stylist, so I told her to find someone who has beautiful relaxed hair and found out where she goes.

Her hair is quite heat damaged but she still manages to keep it between SL and APL. It could be longer but she doesn't like long hair and cuts it often.

Should she bring her own relaxer kit thing to the salon or use whatever the stylist has there? Also what a good relaxer brand for a first timer?

Lys

I've never relaxed my hair but if I were going to the first thing I'd be worried about is finding someone who is an EXPERT at relaxing virgin (heat-damaged) hair. I definitely wouldn't want the relaxer to cause all my hair to fall out because I didn't go to someone who knew how to handle virgin hair.

Sorry, I don't have any other advice.

I dont remember the name of the relaxer I used when I relaxed my virgin hair. But i made sure I got it done by a women who I had been going to for awhile and had healthy long relaxed hair. I go to the Dominican's and I want to say they used mizani. But I'll check and get back to you.

I dont remember the name of the relaxer I used when I relaxed my virgin hair. But i made sure I got it done by a women who I had been going to for awhile and had healthy long relaxed hair. I go to the Dominican's and I want to say they used mizani. But I'll check and get back to you.

okay, thanks :)

Lys

* Runs in thread clutching pearls to chest thinking that MsA was gonna relax*

Guuuuuuuurrrrl, you have got to put a warning in your title that it ain't you!! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Unfortunately I have no advice since I haven't permed in a few years but i'll put in a "bump" for you :yep:

Back