Relaxing and Deep conditioning

Drea84

I am going to do a self relaxer pretty soon....well around thanksgiving. I was wondering is it okay to do a deep conditioner on the relaxer day? And what are your relaxer regimes both salon relaxers and at home relaxers?!?
<font color="blue"> Thanks in advance! All advice is welcome /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. </font color>

Hey, Drea!!! It's been a long time!!! How ya been??
To answer your question, I always deep condtion after my relaxer. I think it's actually something we should do. Your hair will appreciate it.
Oh, and my regimen. I try to do a relaxer at home every 8 weeks or 1 inch of newgrowth, whatever comes first. Luckily, I haven't been making it all the way to 8 weeks lately. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Drea,
Since I have been coming to the hair board, I have had my hair deep-conditioned at each relaxer. It makes your hair super-soft and just feel wonderful. The last relaxer I got (2 weeks ago), I sat under the dryer for 20 minutes afterwards. By the time I came out, my stylist had another person in the chair, so I had to wait 20 more minutes. That was actually good for my hair because the results were just wonderful...

Hi Drea,
I like to give myself a protein conditioner after relaxing (I also have highlights). With all that processing, the immediate TLC seems to make my hair happier.

Back