Relaxers that dont dry out hair??

LexiDior

I just relaxed my hair, and while washing out the the creme, i noticed my hair felt dry and brittle. I havent relaxed since joining this forum and doing all the great things im doing for my hair so to feel my hair like that really scared me. I was afraid to touch my hair. and to think ive used this relaxer for years and this was normal to me :lol:

Do relaxers exist that do not dry hair out??

Attachments

• organic-root.jpg
    organic-root.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 7
Mizani Butter Blends! i use fine/medium. when you use no lye relaxers, then tend to coat/ or leave buildup on the hair, causing the hair to feel dry and brittle. you need to use a chelating shampoo to remove the buildup. (the minerals that it leaves behind).

you could always switch to a lye relaxer system, but you need to be really careful at applying the relaxer. lye is harder on the scalp (it penetrates quicker, causing it burn if the scalp is not properly based) and there is still some texture left behind. your hair won't come out super bone straight, but it will be able to receive moisture better.

when i used relaxers, i did lye and my fave was affirm. the fiberguard formula is great for color treated hair as well. be careful with switching with from no lye to lye as some folks have had adverse reactions. i found no lye to be very drying as well.

ok so lye relaxers may be my best option, does anyone know of a good lye relaxer besides
Mizani, that whole brand is expensive

I had the same results with ORS no lye, so I switched to their lye formula and I love it. it leaves me a bit underprocessed but I like my hair to have a bit of texture.

I had the same results with ORS no lye, so I switched to their lye formula and I love it. it leaves me a bit underprocessed but I like my hair to have a bit of texture.

I didnt know they had a lye, that sounds better, that way i dont have to change brands all together. thx

Back