• Three times a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twice a week

• Once a week

• Total voters

Ladibug

Does anyone know about the Phyto relaxer system (soy based) see below or the new Design Essentials Lo Lye (aka texturizer as well I think)?
confused.gif

I am going to try to find a Dominican shop for a blow out s/p braids (with daily sprays of Surge and conditioner...all learned from this site)...but after the comb out ....I NEED some help! The stylist that DEtangled my mess of hair
cry3.gif
s/p my first set of braids told me that I had healthy, but fine hair. (What happened to the afro puff pony tails with body and minds of their own?!?)
whip.gif

So ladies I am on a mission!
driver.gif

Phytospecific Phytorelaxer vs Design Essentials Lo Lye Relaxer

There is a new relaxer by Phytotherathrie called the Phytospecific Phytorelaxer. I’ve read through comments from some web sites of previous users, and all with good reviews. Phytorelaxer is a no-lye gentle formula for straightening & smoothing textured hair. Egg & Soy active complex gently straightens even the most resistant hair yet is very mild on the scalp.
There are two Phytorelaxer formulas: Index 1 for delicate, fine hair and Index 2 for normal, thick coarse hair.

Still looking for info on the DE Lo Lye. So what do you think ladies?

Soy vs Lye??

PS I have been w/o a perm since Sept 2003, have about 5 inches of new growth and really need your advice!!!

TIA, Ladibug
drunk.gif

This comment made me nervous... I just put a phyto in my hair. So I did a search on the subject.. The funny thing I get responses on both sides.. A. That soy can be used to slow hair growth, as in facial products and what not.. but B. I also found that soy is used in hair growth. I can only guess that different types of soy are used for treatment of slowing hair growth and growing hair. I've sent an email to the folks at phyotospecif to see if they can shed some light on this subject. I think there was a thread about the different types of soy about a year ago. I'll see if I can find it and bump it up. I would find it hard to believe that a major manufaturer of hair care products would put soy that would slow hair growth in a hair care product.. but you know... you never know... so lets see.

I have a PhytoSpecific Index 1 & am very happy w/the results. They make wonderful products and it's the only relaxer I ever plan to use to texturize.

My hair growth rate hasn't slowed at all. Soy is protein rich, so if anything it probably has strengthening qualities. And should it be true that it slows growth, the relaxer is applied to the length of the hair and not the scalp. Hair sprouting out of our heads is already dead protein, so anything applied topically, and not to the scalp won't much matter in term of effecting future and current growth rates.

Bumping for responses

I am bumping this for responses one last time, ladies are you out there?!? I have to do something with my hair in August, 1 month shy of being relaxer free for 1 year.....but I NEED some managebility (if you know what I mean
smile.gif
)
Ladibug

I used phyto II once and it did not get me straight enough.

I have been using TCB Naturals regular or the TCB No-Mix No Lye (Lithium Hydroxide).

I only used the Lithium Hydroxide one twice, but after doing some research I am not sure if I want to continue.

Something about the molecules being smaller and they absorb more quickly. I don't know.
:look:

My girlfriend uses this and says her hair grows very quickly from it so she has to get a touch up very frequently.

She loves it!

model_chick717 said:
I don't think I'd try it. I read somewhere that soy slows hair growth...
ohwell.gif

Back