Relaxer/Wavy Hair

Hi all,

I have a short cut like halle berry did. ive been short for about 4 years. i relax my hair. whenever i wet my hair part of it gets wavy and other parts gets curly and i dont know why. i have to use a lot of gel to mold my hair flat when its wet, but the gel is very drying. any suggestions? Thanks ladies...

It might be two different textures. One part of your hair may have more curl than the other and even with the relaxer the two textures are showing through. What kind of gel are you using?

i normally use that brown protein gel-its the only kind that will straighten out the curls and waves.

It sounds like the protein gel is drying out your hair. I would stay away from it. Have you tried the Fantasia gel? A lot of people here on the board use it, including myself. It's clear and aloe vera based. I usually use the blue one because it's more moisturizing. It's not drying at all to the hair.

Try let's jam or qp glaze both contain mineral oil but they're moisturizing and better for your hair than brown gel.

Try let's jam or qp glaze both contain mineral oil but they're moisturizing and better for your hair than brown gel.

That might work. I used the glaze on my hair when I was relaxed with good results. It's not heavy enough to hold my natural hair now though.

Also, if you are not interested in growing your hair long,and just want to keep it short and pretty, maybe you should relax it bone straight. Your hair still curls or waves when it gets wet because it has some of its natural curl left in there.

How often do you wet/wash your hair?

If you wash your hair like 1-2x a week, maybe you could try a good setting lotion on your hair when its wet,(lottabody creme and keracare foam are good) and comb it really straight into the style you want (that will help keep the curls away and hold your style)----then for daily upkeep and after your hair drys use a moisturizing gel.

Thanks Ladies. I wash my hair about once per week. Ive always assumed that a relaxer cant get my hair bone straight, because i cut my hair 5 years ago and have been to different stylists during the past 2 years and it still curls/waves.

Thanks Ladies. I wash my hair about once per week. Ive always assumed that a relaxer cant get my hair bone straight, because i cut my hair 5 years ago and have been to different stylists during the past 2 years and it still curls/waves.

They could get it bone straight. The only thing is, it might cause more damage to your hair in the long run.

Back