Relaxer Update... Not yet WL...

kami11213

... but am satisfied w/ my progress overall :yep:. I self relaxed a couple of days ago w/ MBB 1 wk shy of 6 months post... My hope was to touch wl but I have another inch or so to touch and another maybe 5-6 months to reach full wl... I trimmed just 1 inch... I've noticed that the closer I get to my goal the slower my hair is growing :sad:

So, I've decided relaxing bone straight isn't for me anymore for various reasons and am transitioning!!!!!...... to texlax... lol so gradually I will be chopping off my ends...

OH, I'm 5'3 1/2 (Yes, I always add in my half :lachen:) Thanks DLewis for the suggestion...

So here's my hair before relaxing I measured about 2 or so inches of new growth
PB190041.jpg

PB240051.jpg

PB240053.jpg

6 month comparison
novcomp3.jpg

Edges comparison
Novcomp1.jpg

1 year comparison, I'm measuring my progress by the tattoo on my back...lol I'm getting closwer to covering it w/ my hair... OH and I blurred out the back fat in the first pic :look:

Novcomp4.jpg

I finger combed my wrap down thats why it looks a little un-combed...lol

Novrelaxer4.jpg

Looking good Kami! Great progress and it's nice to see that your edges have filled in as well. Love the natural texture of the ng.

OMG, such great progress. You hair looks great. Man, I can't wait to have a basically WL shot in my siggy!

Last edited:
Really nice work Kami! How do you normally wear your hair? Or can you share your weekly hair regie please?

beautiful hair & great progress! :grin::grin::grin: but, lol, umm ... you've already passed wl (natural waist) you're maybe an inch from, if not at hiplength.

My goodness, your hair is gorgeous! Kami, if that's not waist length, I don't know what is.

Do you mind sharing what you did to help your edges fill in so well?

Wow, wow, and wow. I just had to hop in this thread when I saw your name! Your hair is breathtaking!! It actually looks WL to me.

Back