Relaxer/Tight Curl Pattern

SimpleKomplexity

Okay, I remember reading in Cathy Howse's book that we as Black people have the driest hair because of our tight curl pattern. So why does it remain dry after relaxers? Relaxers break the bonds in our hair, and straighten out our tight curl patterns so why does it seem our hair is still unusally dry?

I think that its more like a rule for the property of hair-----Like the curlier your hair, the dryer its going to be, and that level of dryness is a property of your hair that will remain that way no matter what chemicals you put on your hair.

Not only that, like the other poster said, chemicals make your hair dry anyway :ohwell:

Last edited:
Okay, I remember reading in Cathy Howse's book that we as Black people have the driest hair because of our tight curl pattern. So why does it remain dry after relaxers? Relaxers break the bonds in our hair, and straighten out our tight curl patterns so why does it seem our hair is still unusally dry?

I think, for most people who do the relaxer correctly their hair doesn't remain dry.:yep:

Back