Relaxer recs, help me choose...

metalkitty

Hello everyone, I'm going to need a bit of help with this one. My hair is bleached with Affirm Moisturcolor and colored with Adore in the front half, my usual relaxer is Affirm no lye, its okay but I think it thins my hair out some. My hair is a somewhat coarse 4a/b. Basically what I was looking for is something that straightens but doesn't thin out the hair, is gentle, can be used on bleached hair possibly. I don't know if its okay to switch to a lye relaxer atm, so info on that would be appreciated too. I was thinking of trying the infamous Phyto Index II, but I was reading on the site about not using it on bleached hair :perplexed . I planned on using it on my roots , but it most likely would end up overlapping color, plus I plan on getting the roots bleached eventually so that might not not be too smart...

Really, my stylist refuses to use Mizani since she said it was 'garbage' ~harsh~...Okay, Phyto is out of the question because I got numbers for two Italian salons that do it and they must've been smoking crack because they gave me some fast talking about it being made in New York and it'd cost me $140 or $3,000 dollars to get it myself :lol: . Anyways, since I'm a little desperate does anyone just know of any good relaxers for hair that plans to be colored, like Affirm Fiberguard? Is that any good or has anyone tried Deep Brilliance relaxers? Sorry for being pushy but I really need more help.

metalkitty said:
Really, my stylist refuses to use Mizani since she said it was 'garbage' ~harsh~...Okay, Phyto is out of the question because I got numbers for two Italian salons that do it and they must've been smoking crack because they gave me some fast talking about it being made in New York and it'd cost me $140 or $3,000 dollars to get it myself :lol: . Anyways, since I'm a little desperate does anyone just know of any good relaxers for hair that plans to be colored, like Affirm Fiberguard? Is that any good or has anyone tried Deep Brilliance relaxers? Sorry for being pushy but I really need more help.
Affirm Fiberguard messed up my hair, it made it dry, hard and underprocessed, the original in mild is far better, it left my hair softer and shinier, good luck.

den1 said:
Affirm Fiberguard messed up my hair, it made it dry, hard and underprocessed, the original in mild is far better, it left my hair softer and shinier, good luck.

Thanks den, you're always so helpful ;) . I'm leaning on Deep Brilliance No Base Lye, since it has seperate oils you combine with it and my hair responds well to the rest of their products. I'm about 90% sure...

PrettyBrownEyes said:
Mizani for Color-Treated hair. Its a lye relaxer. I'd suggest having it applied by a professional.

I would also recommend Mizani for Color treated hair. This is what my stylist uses when I have highlights.

Back