Relaxer Recs for 4a/b Hair

I love Sweets hair too but Elasta was so drying for me. Then I read the Machie uses the Keracare system. I don't know. I guess they are all pretty similiar.
I have to be honest with yall, I don't think there has ever been an "at home" relaxer that I've liked...I'm talking my whole life!!!! I always hated getting a relaxer. One lady (a relative) relaxed me so harshly that when I wrapped my hair that night and went to unwrap it the next morning, I couldn't even unwrap it all the way b/c a lot of my hair got stuck in the scabs that were forming on my scalp :nono:

That was THE LAST time anyone else has EVER relaxed my head! I'm a DIYer unless it's a PROFESSIONAL that I really trust!

Having said all that, the most pleasant relaxer I've ever had was at an Egyptian salon. Whatever they used on me, it got cold instead of burning and it relaxed really well.

I have no clue what that was. But if any ladies know of a relaxer that gets cold instead of burning then that is what I will use next time.

I just read earlier that Sweetcashew uses Elasta QP ( http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=88493 ). I LOVE her hair and if I stay relaxed, her hair will be my goal. :yep: So I will look more into that.

Back