Relaxer Question..

Curlybeauty

So my sew-in needs to come out because I am going to get a relaxer on saturday. However, I need to do a protein treatment...bad. My uestion for you is, should I Take my weave out NOW and wash and do the aphogee 2 step..OR..should I just wait to get my relaxer and do the 2 step on my next wash?

I'm going back to relaxers after 6 yrs, so this will be a "virgin" perm. I'm not sure if I should be washing my hair so close to getting a perm or not. But my hair needs to be cleaned bad..and detangked too. And with natural hair...that can't be done on dry hair. Or atleast not for me.

Suggestions please. :yep:

Hi Curly...I would recommend doing it before the relaxer but you are cutting it close (timewise)...try not to manipulate your scalp too much (use the balls of your fingers - gently versus your nails) - especially with the protein treatment and the fact that you getting a virgin relaxer...

HTH...

I thought that you were supposed to wait a week or two after removing a weave to get a relaxer? You should definitely scroll though the threads for this info.

Can't you reschedule your appointment since you'll be cutting it so close? Your hair will be somewhat weaker after a sew in so I wold definitely wait at least a week before relaxing and before that a protein treatment is a must. My mum didn't do that at her touchup and her hair suffered for that.

Yeah she said that she is hesitant about doing it so close...and now I will be seeing her on monday to do it....so no i'm off to the store to get my aphogee! Thanks..

Please be careful. Your hair has been weaved up a long time. You may be asking for trouble without waiting and allowing your hair to rest. I don't want to see you lose 6 years of progress.:sad:

Be sure to detangle thoroughly before washing to avoid severe matting. You will have a lot of shed hair that needs to come out depending on how long you've had the weave.

better safe than sorry. you should let your hair rest for a while before applying your relaxer.i'd deff do a protein treatment before you relax your hair. Something very light, like an aphogee 2min re- constructor . then wait and relax your hair. id wait 2 weeks.

Back