Relaxer Question:Does Super work faster than Reg?

lizjoseph

I use super strength relaxer because my aunt once told me that since I have a sensitive scalp, my hair will take faster therefore I can wash out faster when the burn starts as opposed to using Regular in where I'll burn, even if the relaxer hasn't done it's thing yet. Is that true? :perplexed

If you have a sensitive scalp you should just base it before relaxing. If you need to use mild (or regular) on your hair, putting super on it will break it down faster but may also break it down too much which will cause it to be over-processed.

In my honest opinion...... No, no, no, and um.... no!!! :look: Not trying to be funny at all but NO. :ohwell: I agree with simcha.

Super is for really coarse hard to relax hair, I believe the chemicals in it are stronger than a regular relaxer. It really boils down to how hard it is to relax your hair.

I also have a sensitive scalp (and skin). I was using a regular strength relaxer on my fine hair and even though it wasn't too strong, my hair was relaxed but dry and thin. I switched to a mild mizani relaxer and my hair has thrived and thickened up considerably.

Just a tip to protect sensitive scalps. If you can.... base the scalp with a thin layer vaseline or regular baby oil 24 hours BEFORE a relaxer. This way when the stylists bases you again you're covered (literally :lol: )I don't know what it is about this, but it really works. I have scratched like a mad hatter and when I did this (unless the scratching was really bad) I didn't burn at all.

I hope this helps. Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. This has just been my own personal experience. :look:

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
In my honest opinion...... No, no, no, and um.... no!!! :look: Not trying to be funny at all but NO. :ohwell: I agree with simcha.

Super is for really coarse hard to relax hair, I believe the chemicals in it are stronger than a regular relaxer. It really boils down to how hard it is to relax your hair.

I also have a sensitive scalp (and skin). I was using a regular strength relaxer on my fine hair and even though it wasn't too strong, my hair was relaxed but dry and thin. I switched to a mild mizani relaxer and my hair has thrived and thickened up considerably.

Just a tip to protect sensitive scalps. If you can.... base the scalp with a thin layer vaseline or regular baby oil 24 hours BEFORE a relaxer. This way when the stylists bases you again you're covered (literally :lol: )I don't know what it is about this, but it really works. I have scratched like a mad hatter and when I did this (unless the scratching was really bad) I didn't burn at all.

I hope this helps. Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. This has just been my own personal experience. :look:

I do this too ( I use the isoplus spray sheen since I don't need it for anything else these days) and then my stylist bases my scalp. It works like a charm!

Back