Relaxer people: how does your new growth look

Brownie

For those who relax or transitioners: what does your new growth look like? Wavy, curly or neither, and what is your hair type? I'm not 100% sure of my hair type, but my new growth is very shiny, and it appears to be wavy and curly---mostly curly.

By the way, when I was natural, my hair was tightly curled---lots of shrinkage, and when wet, it straightened completely out and then curled up again.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Very curly...primarily 4A (3-ish in spots)...soft and shiny. When I was natural, it was less tightly curled when wet than it was once it dried. When it dried it shrank to nothing.

[ QUOTE ]
Very curly...primarily 4A (3-ish in spots)...soft and shiny. When I was natural, it was less tightly curled when wet than it was once it dried. When it dried it shrank to nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curlycrly,
Mine shrank to nothing also, but when wet, it was very straight. So, your hair doesn't straighten out with water?

By the way, your hair is very pretty, and still very curly
smile.gif

I used to use the words hard/really hard and unmanageable. Now I just think it is tightly coiled, s patterned (4A) and it is actually pretty shiny.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Curlycrly,
Mine shrank to nothing also, but when wet, it was very straight. So, your hair doesn't straighten out with water?

By the way, your hair is very pretty, and still very curly
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Brownie. It's not as tightly curled when it's wet (when natural or texturized) due to the weight of the water, but it's still quite curly.

It depends where you are on my scalp. At the hairline framing my face, its very 4a, and varies from soft to frizzy depending on what products I have used. My crown is somewhere around 3c, and the back of my hair is like a 3 grade but wavy like 2's (my hair doesn't ringlet). The nape of my neck stays practically straight wet or dry.

my hair comes in mostly wavy with a few areas of coils in the kitchen area. you can see exactly what I mean by looking at my pics because I have a wk 10 pic. never was sure about hair type. 3c/4a is my best guess.

Here is my new growth when I was four weeks post relaxer...

32178125.jpg

I not exactly sure of my hair type; I just assume 4a in this pic, but in the back my hair grows almost completely straight.

My hair seems to be different in different parts of my head. In front and straight down the middle to the back it is wavy, maybe a 3 something or other, but the sides at the temples are more 4a. So I have guessed I am mostly 4a with some 3 in there. I haven't seen my natural hair in 8 years since I left Cali for Florida. Try to live in this humid mess without a perm!

My hair grows in wavy and gets curlier the longer it is (as is curly at the ends). When I had a full relaxer my new growth was waves, when I was natural my hair was wavy/curly and now that I have a texturizer I have yet to see (even though my curl pattern with the texturizer looks the same as it did as a natural). I think I am 3b/c. Not sure though.

My new growth looks exactly like Eclipse's except it would take longer than 4 weeks for me to get that much new growth.
smile.gif
The back of my hair grows straighter than the rest too.

Mine is like lunalight's tight and kinky with an s-curl pattern, a bit hard but softens right up once I moisturize it.

Tight, soft (but very thick) spirals. I love feeling the tiny spirals when I have a good amoun of new growth lol. I'm a 4a.

My newgrowth is the same way. There are some patches that are a little looser, but overall I'm a 4a.

My ng is VERY kinky but has no curl pattern at all. It grows in very tight S-waves. It's also very waxy in texture.

Last edited:
Back