Relaxer day after 6 month stretch!! Pics!

shadylane21

Hey ladies I have made it back to BSL after my 6 month stretch and my ends stayed even and healthy! If you look at my old post youll see that my hubby cut my hair in a blunt cut and took my hair from BSL TO APL in DEC! Anywho here are the links to my vids and some pics!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EEx-u1tOHk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PtbtuIP8c4&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z09QiG1uZEw&feature=channel

December 2009
GEDC1053-1.jpg

uneven scraggly ends! I see it now lol!:wallbash:

GEDC1054-1.jpg

After cut! Dec 2009

GEDC1070-1.jpg

JULY 4TH 2010-WET HAIR

GEDC3279.jpg

GEDC3277.jpg

Blow dryed and flat ironed! BSL!!!

GEDC3291.jpg

GEDC3293.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations!! Very nice. You retained alot int he past 6 months :yep: What did you do?

TY! I mainly wore wigs. I wore full wigs and lace wigs! I would wrap or braid my hair underneath and leave it alone until it was ready to wash! I also would use MN and megatech at times. The only thing is, I need to baby my edges because they got thinner due to the adhesives from the lace wigs.

wow! i love your hair! I wish i had found your youtube when I was relaxed! Very few channels are clear and close up.....you relax as far down as Ateeya (my other fave), my thin weak strands would be in the garbage already!
Do you always do 6 mnth stretches? My mom & sister should start doing this

Last edited:
wow! i love your hair! you relax so far down, my thin weak strands would be in the garbage already!

I only relaxed that far down, because I had so much new growth and I had underprocessed the previous relaxer. This is my second long stretch and I think I will stretch again for 6 months, because I like the length payoff at the end when I finally relax!

wow! i love your hair! I wish i had found your youtube when I was relaxed! Very few channels are clear and close up.....you relax as far down as Ateeya (my other fave), my thin weak strands would be in the garbage already!
The diffrence is that ateeya dosen't have as much new growth and still relaxes that far down and that is her decision. I only relax that far down if I have to. I try my best not to overlap.

Beautiful hair! Your DH did a great job at cutting your ends.
TY!

Hi
Great progress!
How often did you trim, if at all?
I try not to trim lol! The last trim was in December, I am trying not to trim again until I reach MBL!

I remember the post when your hubby cut your hair.... Now with the added length the cut sits quite nicely.

Congrats on the progress!

Great progress!
I remember the thread from when your DH cut your hair but you got your length back in no time with thickness to boot.

The diffrence is that ateeya dosen't have as much new growth and still relaxes that far down and that is her decision. I only relax that far down if I have to. I try my best not to overlap.

was this your first 1/2 year stretch???

do you think you will do it again??? how did you combat the shedding factor?
my sister tried .......#FAIL
I am starting to believe we are a family of shedders

Great progress!
I remember the thread from when your DH cut your hair but you got your length back in no time with thickness to boot.

TY! The stretch really helped!

was this your first 1/2 year stretch???

do you think you will do it again??? how did you combat the shedding factor?
my sister tried .......#FAIL
I am starting to believe we are a family of shedders

Last time I think it was about 5 months. I am going to try to stretch another 6 months if not longer, I could have gone longer, but I wanted to see if I had made any real progress! As for shedding I kept my hair under wigs and in braids so I hardly had to comb my hair! On take down days though I had a good amount of shedding, but nothing crazy. I didn't take any garlic or anything like that.

Back