Relaxer burns!!!

Peaches75

:angry2: My daughter went to our stylist to get a touch up and began to burn, but when she told the stylist she said "you'll be alright", now my daughter's edges are sore and hard and from now on I will relax it myself, but what is a good relaxer that is lye and not too strong? I have read alot about silk elements & elasta qp, but I need help what do y'all think?

:angry2: My daughter went to our stylist to get a touch up and began to burn, but when she told the stylist she said "you'll be alright", now my daughter's edges are sore and hard and from now on I will relax it myself, but what is a good relaxer that is lye and not too strong? I have read alot about silk elements & elasta qp, but I need help what do y'all think?

UGGHHHH! I hate that happened!! Did she base her scalp at all??

Any mild relaxers are a good choice. You may want to add some olive oil to the mix as well just in case. Elasta, SE, and CON are some good brands, but basing the entire scalp should be priority no matter which brand you choose, and if it burns it should be rinsed IMMEDIATELY.

Affirm sensitive scalp relaxer never burned me. Try putting emu oil on her relaxer burns. It has incredible healing and anti-inflammatory properties. As someone mentioned, basing (sp?) the scalp will help. Even basing it a few days prior to relaxing and on the day of relaxing. Make sure her scalp is not scratched at all and her hairline has no stress on it (like braids, headbands, hats, or a tight ponytail style).

I based her the night before and the stylist did it also, but my daughter did wear a ponytail that week and that could have cause the burning, but the stylist didn't wash it out after my daughter told her she could no longer stand the pain and that's mainly why I want to either switch stylist (which is hard to find a good one even though in the Atl) so I will do it myself & I know how to apply,but I have 2 daughters plus a step daughter that just moved in & I am spending every weekend doing hair! I will get some emu oil & thanks for responses.

You said your daughter's "edges" got relaxer burned. Did it burn anywhere else? The hairline is an area that is very easy to burn because it is exposed to a lot: hats, headbands, washing the face, etc. You didn't say how long you've had this stylist, but by all means, she should have taken extra care with the hairline and rinsed the relaxer out as soon as your daughter said it burned.

I based her the night before and the stylist did it also, but my daughter did wear a ponytail that week and that could have cause the burning, but the stylist didn't wash it out after my daughter told her she could no longer stand the pain and that's mainly why I want to either switch stylist (which is hard to find a good one even though in the Atl) so I will do it myself & I know how to apply,but I have 2 daughters plus a step daughter that just moved in & I am spending every weekend doing hair! I will get some emu oil & thanks for responses.

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's hair. Bless her heart. Where in the ATL do you live? I know a great stylist but she is in Villa Rica, Georgia she is SUPER. Salon of Hope Stylist name is Zoe 770-456-8880 but from the ATL it is probably anywhere from a 20 to 60 min drive depending on where you live but she has a lot of clients that come from the ATL because she use to be in the ATL.

Back