Relaxer Brand Products

Julia

Does anyone only (or mainly) use the products developed specifically for the relaxer system that they use?

I think I read somewhere once that using all the products in a line will help you to maximize the benefits of that particular system? Has anyone tried this?

Personally I would find this difficult. I have some many products that I looooove to use. And what would I do with the inventory of hair products that I have now accumulated? That said, I would like to try it for a week or two to see if I notice a difference.

What do you think?

Hi Julia, IMO it is not absolutely necessary to use all the products in a line. You've got to give your hair what it needs and if you've already identified what products work best with your hair, I'd say go with that. On anther note, I know lines like Design Essentials, Affirm (Keracare), and Lanza do have superior products. Which line were you looking at trying?

I agree with you, Armyqt. I've heard it's beneficial to use all the products in a line because they are created to compliment each other, but I also don't think it's necessary. I use different products from different lines and get great results. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think some of that is a marketing ploy to get people to buy additional products within their line. I don't use the same product line for everything and my hair does well.

I am thinking about using the Design Essentials line.
I recently had a touch up and the Design Essentials Relaxer for Sensitve Scalps was used. The Design Essentials Stimulations Moisturizing Conditioner was used in my hair afterwards for deep conditioning and I was impressed. I went on thier website and read up on thier products and they have some models with before and after pictures using thier products and thier hair looks so healthy and shiney. Some of their products that they list are also appealing, so I was wondering if there is a benefit to using complimentary products, if it will only enhance benefits? /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif I also wanted to know if someone else on the board does this.

Back