Relaxer and Henna on the same day?

jrae

Do you think its okay to apply a relaxer and a henna treatment on the same day?

I understand when you're coloring your hair, you're supposed to color the relaxed hair not relax the colored hair (meaning relaxer first). Does that apply to henna, too?

Thanks in advance!

;)

you can henna the same day. A few ladies have done it with no adverse reactions or other problems. Just be sure to load up on a moisturizing deep condition.

LadyR said:
What would the steps be to do this?
I've done this about three times already with no problems. I usually:
- base scalp and protect previously relaxed hair with instant conditioner
- relax hair for 20-25 minutes and rinse well
- use neutralizing shampoo, 2-3 times
- apply henna and leave on for two or three hours (with/without heat)
- conditioner wash two or three times with clarifying conditioner

I once tried deep conditioning with Motions Moisture Plus after conditioner washing, and my hair tangled up. I guess it was the cones in the Motions conditioner. Since then, I only co-wash with Suave Daily Clarifying Conditioner after rinsing the henna and that's it.

But JLove is right. Using a moisturizing deep conditioner is still very important. (I don't know what's up with my weird hair.)

I did this just last weekend pretty much as Victorious described (henna with heat, topped with conditioner) and it turned out nicely. I should have moisturized even more though.

Bumpity bump to see if anyone has done this recently?

I'd like to go darker - black, but not blue black - with this henna treatment. Not crazy about the burgundy glow but it's better than the dull brown. I want to do it right after my next touch up.

Back