Relaxer and Activator

Kizzy0806

Is it ok to get a relaxer when you have activaotor in your hair? Should I wash it out 3 days before I get a relaxer?

I'm so glad you asked that Kitty. I was just sitting here wondering about the same thing.

i dont see how the activator will affect since it does not actually go inside the hair shaft like a relaxer or curl perm does. its fine

every time i go to get a retouch, i'm pulling my hair out of the ponytail and plastic bag. lol! i haven't had any problems with it not taking because of the activator.

adrienne

hey kizzy on another hair board i hed some1 talk about how the relaxer didnt take coz of the activator, at least that's what she suspected was causin the relaxer not to have straightened her hair, if no1 else seems to have been experiencin this what u cud do is relax yo hair and see how it goes coz it mite have been summin else /images/graemlins/smile.gif
ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

hello ladies new member here
i totally agree about the activator preventing the
relaxler from taking it happened to me twice my cousin
who is a stylist told me this but i chose to ignore her
but you live you learn

yes. this happened to me in the spring of last year. i usually only texturize, but i relaxed that time and left it in longer than usual. it didn't take. i also always only use a mild relaxer, so i don't know if that had a part to play with the activator. i was sure to make sure i washed 4-5 days before relaxing last month because i didn't want that happening again.

I know I'll probably be going to the salon with activator on my hair (when I get my next relaxer touch up in March). I didn't think it would be a problem either since activator is a moisturizer.

because i dont know a lot of the ingredients that are in the activator i dont realy know why this happens but u kno how petroleum jelly's applied to the scalp and already processed hair to prevent the hair from gettin over-processed and the scalp from gettin burned?? Maybe the activator has an ingredient in it that coats the hair shaft in such a way that the relaxer cannot penetrate it inorder 4 it to straighten yo hair

jus a suggestion

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

right! my hair was so moisturized "moist" from the activator that the relaxer just didn't penetrate. i hadn't put any of the activator on for two days before the relaxer because i didn't know how that would effect it. i also didn't put any water on my hair that week.

Back