Relaxer after 17week stretch!!

lexielex

Well I relaxed! Instead of doing it myself like usual I let a stylist handle 17 weeks of new growth. She did very well except she wanted me to cut back to my shoulders!!! Ummm I don't think so...I did let go of some scraggly looking ends though :look: I love the results next stretch a full five months :yep: Here's the pics
The last pic is before the relaxer at 16 weeks.

Attachments

• Relaxer September 008.jpg
    Relaxer September 008.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Relaxer September 012.jpg
    Relaxer September 012.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 171
  • Relaxer September 003.jpg
    Relaxer September 003.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 179
nice congrats! stretches are tough to do in the summer months, and good you went to a stylist that was trustworthy, sometimes with relaxing so much newgrowth it's easy to underprocess or over process.

Dang Girl!! Congrats. You're hair looks like it's grown a good 1.5 to 2 inches!!
Great post!!

Devils advocate here.. I don't think the that long stretch was worth it..I don't see much improvement. I only say this because for some people stretching may cause more damage and deter that progress you search for. Maybe you can try a slightly shorter strectch compare.

Devils advocate here.. I don't think the that long stretch was worth it..I don't see much improvement. I only say this because for some people stretching may cause more damage and deter that progress you search for. Maybe you can try a slightly shorter strectch compare.

Much Improvement from what point?
I cut off about 1/2 inch of ends that needed to go, so to me it was worth it. I had no problem stretching had no breakage and only relaxed because I have an event coming up. Otherwise I would still be going.....I did the stretch just so I can have more new growth so when I cut those ends I wouldn't be like that's too much.

I see growth from Feb to Sept. Keep up the good work.
Personally I had a disaster when I tried to stretch for 5 months. I think I wasn't as careful with my hair as I should've been, tho'.

Please post the results of your next stretch!

Last edited:
Low mani styles really come in handy when stretching. I had no problem. I recently posted pics of how my left side grew out so really it's an update to that thread.

Great NG, well done for sticking it out. I'm attempting a 20 wk stretch, I.ve never stetched for more than 12wks, after seeing your progress, I'm inspired thank you and good uck on your next stretch

Back