Relaxed wash and go-ers. Naturals can chime in too

What product(s) give you the best curl? From doing searches so far I've read BTZ Noodlehead and John Frieda's Dream Curls. What works for you?

I've been meaning to try noodlehead, but not combing between cowashes gives me the best definition.

Here's my hair the day I detangled it...

100_1109-vi.jpg

Here's my hair after my first a cowash (no combing)....

100_8837-vi.jpg

I used the EXACT same products. The only difference was the comb.

I am a natural, but I have been using BBD Glass and it has been good for curl definition for me. I am waiting for my Kinky Curling Custard to be delivered, so after I try that I will report back on how that is working.

I'm 6 weeks post now but I could do WNG style on my hair after a month's post relaxer. I just add some IC gel with water and scrunch. I get gorgeous curls afterwards.

Are you ladies relaxed bone straight? I am and I can't get anything better than wavy hair for a wash and go.

Are you ladies relaxed bone straight? I am and I can't get anything better than wavy hair for a wash and go.

Yea, I am relaxed bone straight so my hair would never air dry with wave definition. Maybe if I was texlaxed or something I can get away with that...

I usually just air dry with Fermodyl 619.

Then when it's completely dry I either:

Do a twist out...

Do a braid out...

This is the only way I can get a "curl" or something to my hair.

When I was relaxed I would use conditioner and mousse and scrunch my hair here is a throw back pic. I scratched my face because I looked busted but my hair was on point. I believe I used a V05 conditioner with honey mixed in it and...oh I forgot the name of the mousse it was in an orange container...if I remember I will update.

Washngoonrelaxedhair2.jpg

Here's another pic I forgot I started using Smooth n Shine Curl activator gel and that was the best
IMG_0138.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the replies ladies.

and btw kiesha8185 i love your twist and braid outs!

Yea, I am relaxed bone straight so my hair would never air dry with wave definition. Maybe if I was texlaxed or something I can get away with that...

Do a twist out...

Do a braid out...

Do a twist out...

Do a braid out...

Your twist out and braid outs look great!!! :yep:

The products that are staples for me are V05's Lavendar Luster w/ silk proteins, Catwalk's (by Tigi) Curls Rock Leave-in Moisturizer, and Paul Mitchell's Super Sculpt Styling Glaze! About a quarter size of each make for great wash n' go's!

BTW, I'm texlaxed....even though I sometimes look more texturized (more curl).

The pic below is in essence what my hair usually looks like after I add products (they're not added in this shot though). And when I clip it up the products lock in moisture and curl so it stays like this all day.

2008_01070046-vi.jpg

Back