Relaxed w/ fine hair: which relaxer do you prefer???????

againstallodds

Hi ladies! I'm on week 5 of my 12-14 week stretch and I want to get a jump on my research before my next touch up. I plan on self-relaxing this time (I've always gone to a stlyist) and want to make sure I've learned everything I can. Trust be told, I'm not looking forward to self-relaxing, the whole idea has me scared! I swear I imagine watching all my hair go down the drain as soon as I apply the relaxer! :nono::nono:

Soooo, what's relaxer do you use on your fine hair????

Please and thank you! :)

i think my beautician uses Affirm fiberguard now. and its fine. She used silk elements and i liked that too

I am 4a fine stranded

I use Syntonics, from the Affirm Family, I also used to use Silk Elements mild.

The main thing for me is not the brand but I just cant use NO LYE, makes my ends so dry, with the LYE my ends are ALWAYS silky smooth up to the next relaxer, meaning less manulipation on my fine hair :grin:

I am 4a fine stranded

I use Syntonics, from the Affirm Family, I also used to use Silk Elements mild.

The main thing for me is not the brand but I just cant use NO LYE, makes my ends so dry, with the LYE my ends are ALWAYS silky smooth up to the next relaxer, meaning less manulipation on my fine hair :grin:

My hair is not a fan of no lye relaxers either!

I use ORS No Lye. Once I figured what I needed to do to maintain the moisture in my hair I have no problems at all.

Every 3 months I take my Alter Ego Linage Relaxer to my hairdresser and have her put it in. My hair gets straight with lots of body. I literally swear by the stuff. Been doing this for a year and a half and have seen some good results. Do a search for it on Long Hair - the 'ish!

Every 3 months I take my Alter Ego Linage Relaxer to my hairdresser and have her put it in. My hair gets straight with lots of body. I literally swear by the stuff. Been doing this for a year and a half and have seen some good results. Do a search for it on Long Hair - the 'ish!

I'll look into this!

I usually use mizani butter blends regular, but this last time I self relaxed and used mizani butter blends for fine hair. I really liked the out come!!

Phyto #1. I have extremely fine hair but very kinky, so I use #1 and just process for a while longer.

I've been researching this relaxer and I'm going to try this for my next touch-up. I had a bad experience with Silk Elements Mild Shea Butter.:sad:

OP: There's a few "self-relaxers support" threads. You should do a search for it. It's got some great tips! There are also some good videos on YouTube. HTH

I used Profectiv in the past and it left my hair straight with lots of body. Stopped using it when i moved to Australia and tried the Doo Gro relaxer in regular which i'm NEVER using again as it made my hair really limp. So i'm either going to go back to Profectiv [found someone who sells it here] or use ORS.

I use Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) normal strength with no lye. I truly :heart2:this relaxer. It leaves my hair soft, silky and manageable. It doesn't make my hair look thin and lifeless. My hair has a lot of body after each application. I have very fine individual strands of hair. However, overall it's thick and full.

I use Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) normal strength with no lye. I truly :heart2:this relaxer. It leaves my hair soft, silky and manageable. It doesn't make my hair look thin and lifeless. My hair has a lot of body after each application. I have very fine individual strands of hair. However, overall it's thick and full.
Do you use it straight up or do you mix it with something else? TIA :)

Phyto if you like the texlax result but Mizani butter blends for fine hair if you want a straiter look without the damage.

I've been researching this relaxer and I'm going to try this for my next touch-up. I had a bad experience with Silk Elements Mild Shea Butter.:sad:

OP: There's a few "self-relaxers support" threads. You should do a search for it. It's got some great tips! There are also some good videos on YouTube. HTH

I've been reading through them over the last couple of days.
I've found Audrey Sivasothy's articles have been very helpful as well
Is Lye or No-Lye Chemical Relaxing Better for Your Hair?

Guide to Safely Applying Chemical Relaxers

another vote for ors no lye. tried mixing in a few spoons of evoo and had even better results.. never had any issues with burning during application.. im a full SL and use regular, my mom almost APL and she uses the extra strength version. so make that two votes lol

ORS No Lye Normal Relaxer

To prevent the hair from thinning further, I saturate the previously relaxed hair with EVOO.

Optimum Anti-Breakage Regular (No Lye)
Designer Touch Sensitive Scalp Treatment (No Lye)....whenever I can find it.

Back