Relaxed ladies with colored hair which isnt breaking...?

Lilmama1011

What brand are you using? And how many weeks after relaxing do you wait to color? I haven't colored my hair in a year and the stylist said she was using the highest blond to lighten my hair first and then I put a semi permanent red on top and my hair never fell out. I didn't have excessive shedding either. I did not know what brand she was using as well and currently don't live in the same state to even go and ask. So I am asking what brands are you successively using. I'm going to try and dye it with cherry kool aid and see what happens even though I have very little faith in that, but I do want to color again with no bleach. Anyone else use this method like the above that my stylist used and if so what brand?

I use Via Naturals semi-permanent color. I either do it the same day as my relaxer or the week after.

I've never lightened or used permanent color but I believe the recommendation is to wait two weeks post-relaxer.

The color in my avvy was achieved using Surya Henna Cream in Mahogany. It's pre-mixed, so I get all the benefits of henna with minimal mess.

I was natural and dyed my hair using Clairol Textures and Tones Burgandy. It was really pretty. I dyed my hair in Feb and decided to go back to relaxed in April. I never had breakage or anything, but as my hair grew out, the color treated part was definitely thinner. I trimmed the color off as it grew out. Like I said I didn't have any real problems, but the thickness compared to the non color treated part looked horrible.

Back