Relaxed ladies who co-wash often...

Well D. Shy I slept with a plastic bag on my head last night!!! I used MoistureAId (surge product) Salerm 21, and a little grapeseed oil to moisterize then put the baggie on. This morning I took it off, my hair was damp so I let it airdry for about 20 minutes then I put some NTM serum and then rolled it on caruso rollers!! My strands feel so thick and soft!!! I feel like I have Oprah hair (I said feel not look)!!

I CO-Wash every day with V05 peaches n cream or Nioxin . I am 10 weeks post relaxer :) , and I can only see my 2 inches of new growth when my hair is wet. I live in a very hot climate, Louisiana!!!!!!!, and by the end of the day my hair, no matter how much I morining moisturize, is ready for a bath :bath2: ! I section my hair into four parts and saturate each section with warm olive oil and tea-tree oil from root to end. I leave this combo on for 15 mins and do a scalp massage. I CO-Wash and towel blot my hair. I surge and add several mane and tail products to my hair to seal the ends. I comb it all back into a pony tail and secure with a large pony tail holder. I use a tooth brush to apply extra oil to my new growth and make sure that area around my hair line is smooth. I tie my hair down with two silk scarfs. In the morning... I look as if I have a fresh relaxer :grin: , and my protective style bun looks perfect with my straight hair!!!!!! If my hair continues to look this good without a relaxer, I may go natural :eek: ! I'm determined to streatch this relaxer as far as it will go!!!

Hair type 2 or 3b
Length Shoulder
Goal 3inches by December, that'll put me @ armpit
Ultimate Goal BSL, Cold black, no see through ends, silky

I co wash daily, and use my beloved CON shampoo (green label) every other day to cleanse away buildup. I use Motions After Shampoo Moisture Plus Conditioner daily. That stuff is da bomb. I like to let my hair air dry loose, and saturate it with Motions Nourish Leave In, Dabur Vatika Oil, NTM Leave In Cream, and NTM Sheer Hydration Leave In Foam.

After its dry, I use more Vatika Oil and put my hair up with a simple clip in a french twist style or I may use hair sticks. I do co washes to keep my new growth soft and manageable, my scalp from being dry, and to aid hair growth. I even do them during the cooler months. Definitely a plus for me. I think co washes and me doing all my own hair care are the best things that have ever happened to my hair. :grin:

sweetpeadst said:
Well D. Shy I slept with a plastic bag on my head last night!!! I used MoistureAId (surge product) Salerm 21, and a little grapeseed oil to moisterize then put the baggie on. This morning I took it off, my hair was damp so I let it airdry for about 20 minutes then I put some NTM serum and then rolled it on caruso rollers!! My strands feel so thick and soft!!! I feel like I have Oprah hair (I said feel not look)!!
Thats good girl!! I am going to cowash again today. I love salerm and NTM silk touch

I am going to have to try those together!! I will be washing today!!! Oh yeah and your hair is getting long I peeped your album last night at around 1 am!!!!

Back