Relaxed ladies that air dry What leave-in do you use?

Your hair should not dry hard if you've DC.

Maybe go back and look through what you're using and keep a note of the combinations you are using.

Could be a few reasons but you'll have to investigate that.

yea i dunno as long as I could remember certain leave in's especially the liquid ones always made it harder so I used to try and skip using a leave in lol. But now that I'm air drying I figured I should try to find one that keeps the moisture that I feel after it's deep conditioned

Where did you read it was important to use a leave-in after DC'ing.

I dont because I feel my hair is nicely moiturized after.

Yea? Before I was on my healthy hair journey I used to try to not use a leave in because for as long as I could remember the liquid ones always made my hair harder even at the hair salon. But When I started watching all the youtube videos on different girls regimens and I started going on different relaxed hair blogs and doing my own research in general, I would read that a leavin is important after a wash even after you deep condition. But my hair feels so good after I deep condition I almost dont want to add anything else to it. lol

I love Kinky Curly Knot Today straight out of the bottle, if I have all the ingredients I will use Kimmytube's leave in recipe. I have the best hair eva when I use Kimmy's mixture.

The best leave in I've tried is silicon mix leave in.

I use to use HE LTR but ever since they changed the formula I find that it leaves my hair dry, unless I seal with my whipped shea butter/oil mix. <--- I can get nice results this way but the silicon mix is the best.

yea i dunno as long as I could remember certain leave in's especially the liquid ones always made it harder so I used to try and skip using a leave in lol. But now that I'm air drying I figured I should try to find one that keeps the moisture that I feel after it's deep conditioned

If your leave-ins makes your hair hard then check the ingredients. Some leave-ins have protein to strengthen the hair rather than moisturize the hair.

It sounds like you need a moisturizing leave-in without protein.

Yea? Before I was on my healthy hair journey I used to try to not use a leave in because for as long as I could remember the liquid ones always made my hair harder even at the hair salon. But When I started watching all the youtube videos on different girls regimens and I started going on different relaxed hair blogs and doing my own research in general, I would read that a leavin is important after a wash even after you deep condition. But my hair feels so good after I deep condition I almost dont want to add anything else to it. lol

I understand I was reading the same thing. We eventually have to do what is right for our hair.

I stopped because I noticed my hair was not responding well to all the moisture and it has been smooth sailing ever since. Not to mention it has shaved some time off the entire process.

I only apply a leave in on as needed basis maybe a bit more after being out in the sun, but only to the top layer.

If your leave-ins makes your hair hard then check the ingredients. Some leave-ins have protein to strengthen the hair rather than moisturize the hair.

It sounds like you need a moisturizing leave-in without protein.

I think You're right about the protein based leave in. I might just be protein sensitive. So the next leave in that I use is going to have to be only super moisturizing without protein.

I understand I was reading the same thing. We eventually have to do what is right for our hair.

I stopped because I noticed my hair was not responding well to all the moisture and it has been smooth sailing ever since. Not to mention it has shaved some time off the entire process.

I only apply a leave in on as needed basis maybe a bit more after being out in the sun, but only to the top layer.

What leavin's were you using when you did use them?

In Winter & Fall: Scurl no drip

In Summer & Spring: Rusk Sensories Smoother PassionFlower

Sending BeautifulFlowers from my iPhone

I was using Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine and loved it, then it disappeared from my area for a couple of months. I just saw it back in my local store yesterday saying "New Formula"... No thanks.

I've been using Redken Anti Snap and I'm loving it. I seal with Frizz Ease.

I usually just use my daily moisturizer as my leave in which is Darcy's Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme. I recently purchased SSI Coco Creme Leave In and this seems to work just as well (though the liquid-y consistency kind of annoys me). I just rotate them now and seal with either coconut oil or Vatika Frosting. Soft and smooth results every time. :grin:

What leavin's were you using when you did use them?

The same one I am using now: Jessicurl Aloeba

Since then I still use the same one for the warmer months but I've noticed my hair does better when I throw in a leave -in a few days a week that contains protein oin the ingredients list.

in the fall I use something different: 1/4 cup kinky kurly knot today, 1/4 cup whole foods conditoner,1/2 cup aloe vera juice and 1 T hempseed oil if it is too thick I add some distilled water to thin it out. I also throw in the other leave-in that contains protein

try Redken Anti-Snap.

then back that up with two drops of a light oil.

Not all products work well together. In my experience for example, Mizani doesn't play well with Nexxus.

When I airdry, it is always following either a DC or co-wash, so I don't use a leave-in because my hair is already sufficiently moisturized. However, I do seal with safflower oil. My hair dries very soft.

I use either Darcy's Lemongrass Coconut or Shea Moisture's Coconut/Hibiscus curl milk. I don't have to moisturize during the week when I use either of these.

I like silicon mix leave in.
Nexxus humctress conditioner(use as a leave in) my favorite.
Paul Mitchell or GVP The conditioner.

I also use CHI keratin mist. Along with oil to seal. No issues.

Beauty without cruelty leave in and spritz of Prairie Naturals mountain mist....seal with gleau oil blend.

I usually just apply a bit of whatever moisturizing conditioner I used that day.
Also, don't judge your hair by how it feels after you put the leave-in on your wet hair. Only make a determination after the hair is dry. And also, if you're using a cream leave-in, a very small amount is what you'll need for best results. Otherwise, it will make your hair dry hard.

My 3 favorite cream leave-ins over the last couple of years have been:
Shescent it Coco Creme
Bee Mine Hair Milk
(and of course) Silk Dreams Silky Soft Leave-In Cream :)

I use regular conditioner (which ever one I used after shampooing) To explain:

I wash and condition my hair as I normally would and rinse the conditioner out.

Then I tye my hair in a towel to soak up most of the water.

After most of the water is out I re-apply a dime -to -quarter size amount of the same conditioner and then comb through and air dry.

Last edited:
I usually just apply a bit of whatever moisturizing conditioner I used that day.
Also, don't judge your hair by how it feels after you put the leave-in on your wet hair. Only make a determination after the hair is dry. And also, if you're using a cream leave-in, a very small amount is what you'll need for best results. Otherwise, it will make your hair dry hard.

My 3 favorite cream leave-ins over the last couple of years have been:
Shescent it Coco Creme
Bee Mine Hair Milk
(and of course) Silk Dreams Silky Soft Leave-In Cream :)

This is sooo true!!!

:poke::poke:

Tresemme's 4+4 Keratin Hair Splash.

It comes in a blue bottle. The product is a thin cream, it sprays like a mist. Its strengthens, softens and blings my hair.

Kind of hard to find in BSS, but I stock up when I do.

Soft airdries.

I also notice that Aveda's Damage Remedy leave-in leaves very soft airdries

Just my 2 cents :yep:

I use Lacio Lacio or Nexus Therappe(I think that's the name of their leave in). I also spray some Jane Carter leave in or Elasta QP H-Two on my hair. Then I seal it all with Chi Silk Infusion.

Back