Relaxed ladies plus help

BreeNique

ok, I just relaxed my hair this morning and thought everything would turn out right. I made sure to detangle my hair and thought that I combed all and every loose piece of hair I had. So why is it that after rinsing out the relaxer, I had lost so my hair? It's more than I normally lose after a relaxer session. Any suggestions for future relaxers? (Btw this is Monique of Breenique)

What other steps did you take besides detangling? Did you neutralize properly? Did you do a mid-protein step? How long did you leave the relaxer in?

What other steps did you take besides detangling? Did you neutralize properly? Did you do a mid-protein step? How long did you leave the relaxer in?
I used the phytospecific relaxer, I neutralized correctly and instead of the mid step protein that I normally use with other relaxers, I used the milky restructurer that comes with the relaxer and followered with a moisturizing conditioner. I left the relaxer in the recommended time for my hair. My relaxer was 12 weeks old and I can say that up to about week 10, my hair lost/shedding was very very minimal.

I usually flat iron my hair the week before a relaxer so it won't be tangled at the roots. I use Phyto but I don't do a mid-step protein treatment, partly because it doesn't come with one, but also because I just don't think I need it. That milky reconstructor (not a good condition btw), is really formulated for use after.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

Photo is a tricky relaxer to neutralize. How many times did you do a neut shampoo and for how long?

I would suggest the next few times that you wash your hair you use a chelating shampoo also a good protein treatment.

Any time I have had excess shedding post relaxer, it was due to not neutralizing enough.

Now I always use diluted apple cider vinegar after neutralizing shampoo and conditioning to make SURE my hair is back neutral ph.

Works like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

Back