Relaxed Ladies - I need help ASAP!!

thinkpinkprincess

I washed and conditioned my hair this morning ( I still have a little Kenra residue on my scalp) so can I still get a relaxer this evening?

Will my scalp be more susceptible to damage/burning? :perplexed

Please help me!

A BIG Thank You!!

Possible. You should always to keep manipulation down for at least 48 hours. I'm not saying for certain you will burn and be more sensitive because some people wash their hair right before relaxing and have no ill effects, but I will say that its a possibility.

Up to you to decide if you really want to go foreward. I know what my scalp would do so I would wait a day.

-A

I washed and conditioned my hair this morning ( I still have a little Kenra residue on my scalp) so can I still get a relaxer this evening?

Please help me!

A BIG Thank You!!

Please help me!

A BIG Thank You!!

Is your scalp sensitive? Have you ever had scalp burns b/c of the relaxer? If so, I definitely would not chance it. Wait at least 2-3 days, but if I were you I would wait an entire week at least. By having a 'dirty,' unscratched scalp AND by basing, you're less likely to burn and therefore the relaxer can be left on for the appropriate time, so you won't be underprocessed and/or experience a chemical burn.

My scalp is sensitive and I always try to wait at least a week. Once, I tried to relax 4-5 days after washing my hair, and I was in pain.

I would wait a week, because your scalp is going to be very sensitive. Everyone's scalp is different, but I did this once and as soon as the stylist slapped the relaxer on I was hollering and running to the wash bowl like Denzel in Malcolm X. LOL. Also, the more manipulation you do to your scalp the more sensitive it will to the realxer. Don't scracth your scalp eihter.Hope all turns out well.

Is your scalp sensitive? Have you ever had scalp burns b/c of the relaxer? If so, I definitely would not chance it. Wait at least 2-3 days, but if I were you I would wait an entire week at least. By having a 'dirty,' unscratched scalp AND by basing, you're less likely to burn and therefore the relaxer can be left on for the appropriate time, so you won't be underprocessed and/or experience a chemical burn.

My scalp is sensitive and I always try to wait at least a week. Once, I tried to relax 4-5 days after washing my hair, and I was in pain.

ITA..I would also wait a week

Yikes! I definitely wouldn't do it. I know that i at least have to wait 3 days. Your scalp might not be as sensitive as mine but that's my suggestion.

I had a stylist tell me once that when your scalp gets wet your pores open up and that's why it burns when you relax too soon after wetting your scalp. My scalp usually catches fire if i relax within 3 days of washing.

Back